Quantcast

Post your most beat up part!

nycurse

Monkey
Jul 27, 2006
I have a few things that a beat up so bad but they still work. ill get pics of them later.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
No pics of it, but my girlfriend's XTR front der had the bolt that holds the cable in strip out due to some overzealous tightening at one of our local shops. I didn't realize it until I went to adjust it last night. It now has a water bottle cage bolt (cause it's slighter bigger ya know?) in there instead :D

Second most beat up part would probably be my frame, between my hamfisted riding and shuttleing, it's got an urban camo look even tho it's supposed to be brown.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
A pair of Hope brake levers from a couple years ago when I went over th bars. This is the reason I leave the lever body loose enought hat it'll rotate in the event of a crash rather than....

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
i don't know how fast I was going but I think it was under 30. I over-jumped this rock garden at a little race and ended up falling down a small cliff (like 5 feet). Surprisingly, that was the only damage that I did. The brake levers must've broken the fall, lol.

edit: I'm pretty high on extra strength Tylenol Sinus right now.. this post makes sense to me but may not make sense to you.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
It would have to be my rear wheel. 7 dents, three flats spots, and one busted spoke currently held to another spoke by electrical tape so it does not flop around. The wheel is still fairly straight and has been in this condition since the national at Snowmass.

All this while I have a brand new hub and almost new rim and spokes sitting here unbuilt:bonk:

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Biggins I had the same thing happen with my wrist,do you hve the scafoid fused with Herbet screws? When did you do it?

i did it 2.t years ago. i have 2 loooong screws 4 big fat screws a metal plate....some synthetic bone graft where they rebuilt the ulnar stylus cause it got ground down and ripped off in the wreck....

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
What movement do you get?I get about 30degres but mine was done about ten years ago.Sorry to deviate from topic.
Is it meant to be parts we're still running or just wrecked bits?

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
My most beat-up part that I still use woud definitely be my shoes. Broken straps, jimmy rigged buckles that don't release, almost no rubber left.

Second would have been my knee pads. But I got new ones.