Quantcast

Post Your Road Bikes!

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
Ya I have a bike already just that my camera broke. I'll try to post em later tonight.

I ordered an Rs from Pedal force and they said that it was going to be a 3 month wait. So they offered me a different frame for the same price. Their Taiwanese producer had an R2 floating around. So they gave that to me. Its the same frame as the Velo Vie bike that pezcycling wrote a review on. Its also one of the Token bikes and German Zoulou.

Typically if you find the Taiwanese producer, and purchase from them directly instead of the European "maker" you get it for a much much lower price.

If anyone is interested or have any questions about carbon frames (road and tt) that don't cost a fortune; just message me I've been doin' a lot of internet time since its summer vacation for me.

And ya I love the bike! I'll make sure pics will be posted :happydance:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I'll always take the opportunity to post my pavement bikes :)

2003 Fuji Finest, all steel, was roadie, now commuter
Walt Works custom steel roadie, built 2006
1986 BMW K75... hey, it's a "road bike" ;)

MtnbikeMike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2004
The 909

Edit: Oops, 2007 Cannondale CAAD9 with a Rival drivetrain, Race Face crank, bars, stem, post, Serfas saddle and bar tape, and Williams wheels.

Edit 2: Comes in at 16.2lbs

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Don't have any pics of my roadie, but it's a Steelman Stage Race 853 tig welded frame, reynolds carbon fork, campy record 10, topolino wheels, and a time ASX crankset.

I also rock an old trek fixie with a campy bmx crank, here is my favorite pic:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
...Steelman Stage Race 853 tig welded frame, reynolds carbon fork, campy record 10, topolino wheels, and a time ASX
Wow! You have to take pics. Steelman makes great bikes and I've always dreamed of some Topos, but aren't they like $800 for a set?

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Wow! You have to take pics. Steelman makes great bikes and I've always dreamed of some Topos, but aren't they like $800 for a set?
No pics on hand, but I have an older Steelman. It is (was?) a beautiful frame--brazed welds but with a lugged bb. It's a smooth ride on the road, but it is by far the flexiest bike I have ever put a leg over.

juk_lano

Chimp
Jun 27, 2007
haha. Feels good for now; but hey I'm only 17 I'll probably put the seat down as I get older. Can't wait to race this in the collegiate circuit!

I'll never sell the Serotta too much of a classic. Its getting a little old. I'll rebuild it in the long distant future (the shiny stuff again).

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
my classic 1950 BSA drop bar 3 speed. BSA branded 3 speed Sturmey Archer Hubs. even the pedal cages match the chain ring with BSA cut outs. Frame is Reynolds 531 Steel

my dad bought it new in 1950, I found it a few years ago in an old storage shed where it had sat for 45-50 years

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
I'm right at this minute building up a new 2006 Scott CR1 SL anthro/carbon frame with a mostly Dura-Ace gruppo, except for a Truvativ Rouleur Carbon crank. Gonna have my Easton Orion II wheels, Easton EC90 bar, Ritchey WCS 4AXIS stem, Ritchey Pro carbon seatpost, Speedplay Zero-Ti pedals, and SLR Carbonio saddle swapped over from my other race bike. Should be stupid light. Pics to come when it comes down off the hoist.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
my classic 1950 BSA drop bar 3 speed. BSA branded 3 speed Sturmey Archer Hubs. even the pedal cages match the chain ring with BSA cut outs. Frame is Reynolds 531 Steel

my dad bought it new in 1950, I found it a few years ago in an old storage shed where it had sat for 45-50 years
sweet!

The brake location is a little freaky tho. Is that how it was or your preference?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

Specialized Roubaix. Saddle is an airone and vittoria tires now.

Pretty light. Very comfortable especially on long rides.
2, two, II

Wok Wok....

Nice work!

Bought this last year...been a very reliable commuter (bout 35 miles a day)...new cranks (DuraAce - not compact, w00t!), seat (WTB Laser V Ti), seat post (Thomson Masterpiece), and tires (continental something...23c) since this pic was taken:

The Jinx

I'm an angel
Apr 22, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
This is my humble little bike Time VXRS Ulteam year 2007....built up on 3rd July 2007

This is my other bike, which is for sale (interested? :) )

Pinarello Dogma year 2004

Regards
sbw

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA

Empella Bonfire. Not sure on the year; bought it about 4-5 years ago.

The pic is a bit old, but not too much has changed- Fizik Arione saddle, new front shifter/lever, new chainrings, new bars (Salsa Short and Shallow 46cm- much better off-road) and new tires (Contis pictured, but I use either Vredesteins or Maxxis Razes now).

Oh, and it has another bottle cage and the pump isn't packing taped to the top tube anymore.

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado

2007 Motobecane Grand Sprint

Ultegra, FSA Cranks, American Classic Victory wheels, etc.

Pretty much all of the top of the line racing components ;)

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
2007 Motobecane Grand Sprint

Ultegra, FSA Cranks, American Classic Victory wheels, etc.

Pretty much all of the top of the line racing components ;)
Interesting that you have a jamis link in your sig. I assume you bought that from bikesdirect?

FBTMILF

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Colorado
Interesting that you have a jamis link in your sig. I assume you bought that from bikesdirect?
I ride a Jamis XCR Pro. I race XC. I bought this for training and because I wanted to try racing road. Yeah, I did buy it off of bikesdirect. It was a really good deal and I like it so far.