Quantcast

Post your summer '06 MTB Trip Ideas

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
from the "other" site, but with added description.

Here's some trails that are on my hit list for next year.

One's i've done these partially before but left unfinished business....

MT ST. HELENS NUFF SAID!
Smith Creek Epic, i've done Plains/ApeCanyon but i've never done the loop, a broken leg, a volcanic eruption, and a sprained knee have foiled my plans of doing it for the last 2 years.

REVENGE RIDE!
Timberline shuttle or Mt. Hood race, i know there are better trails in Oregon to do and i mean to do them but me and Mt. Hood have some settling up to do. The mountain broke my leg last time i was there so i gotta go back and make things right.

NORTH CASCADES 8000 FEET HIGH
Angels Staircase, made it to Cooney Lake and had to turn back (frozen feet from snow). That will not happen next time.

SOME OF THE BEST DH XC.
Sunset at Hamilton Peak, then nightride to camp down Hamilton Buttes, oh man that would be so frikkin sweet!

BACK TO MY ANCESTORS LAND.
Jungle Hill, off of Kettle Crest, the only time i led a ride and took a wrong turn and missed the one trail i was really looking forward to, next year.....

Others that i haven't done that i got my sights on....

Porcupine Rim, what the hell i love exposure

McKenzie or Bend or Umpqua in Oregon, gotta see what all the hype is

Post Canyon Oregon, man there's a trail called the Toilet Bowl, how can i NOT ride that!

TOUTED AS BEST RIDGE RIDE IN PNW.
Juniper Ridge Epic, still haven't decided which approach to start it....

BIG CLIMBS BIG VIEWS BIG DESCENTS
Pot Peak or Pyramid epic, gotta kill myself on at least one ride next year

The Shore and Whistler, everybody always tells me to go and i really should.... Comfortably Numb is on the hit list as well

Then there are a few that are comin up soon...

Humptulips a hidden gem? Plus it's an excuse to ride with Serial Midget...

Mt. Constitution, years of people bailing on me won't stop me from going next year! Maybe i'll finally get to see an orca from the ferry.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
skooks, if you are looking for exposure on a Moab trail, porc rim isn't yr best bet (but it's a great trail nonetheless). you probably want the portal trail, or maybe poison spider.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Tenchiro said:
I think that I want to hit the Eastern OR & WA but I don't know where exactly.

if you want to head up this-away the ID pandhandle has some terrific XC ( Lost Creek, Bernard Peak) plus lots of fun DH at Mt Spokane, Silver and Beacon. I've got a linky somewhere for a bunch of trails in the blues...

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Going to whistler for a week. and im going up to mammoth for another week, but either then that the trails is SB are really fun so i will stay here.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
lets see...
lots of trips to the normal places
back to jiminy peak
up to highlands a bunch once it opens
mt snow for the norba series(probably only racing xc)
all of the root 66 races
rye airfield
diablo
bromont
kingdom trails
someplace up in the white mountains
way the hell up in maine
monkeyfest
one of the new england 24 hour races
and maybe somewhere out west if i can get out there

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
just whistler and some areas of canada (by whistler) i have'nt been there and every one tell me that is where you need to go also here i have cusins here and they say i can stay with them. I am going to have a cool summer trip

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
bluebug32 said:
Theresa, has anyone suffered a concussion from falling off your deck yet?:p

And I can only imagine the extent of things to which you could fall off of at Monkeyfest :rolleyes:
a helmet should be mandatory for price at all times at monkeyfest.
i suggest one like this: