Quantcast

Post your Transition TR450s ,and other Transitions that are sweet.

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
Im Nerding out hard on this.
Sorry ,didnt do a search. just going for it.
Im starting to get a build together for my new TR that arrives some time in August (larges are sold out in NZ right now) annnnd I wouldnt mind seeing other folks build ups to get some ideas.

All I know is that Im going to run Pimplite wheels and gravity lite cranks....

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
The 2010 transition bank is now available. I have it built up and did some laps at the slalom track and it's feeling pretty fast! :thumb:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The 2010 transition bank is now available. I have it built up and did some laps at the slalom track and it's feeling pretty fast! :thumb:
whats different about it?

here's mine thats going on sale soon

edit: nm, i see it has a tapered HT and ISCG05 tabs.

Last edited:

euroford

Chimp
Dec 8, 2009
I have posted this elsewhere, my version of the ultimate quiver killer. Fully capable of slaying both resorts and front range singletrack. i love this machine.

marshy

Chimp
May 26, 2010
Right struggling with getting photos to load up, anyway here we go again...

Im Bryns World Cup mechanic, so just look after him for World Cups, wheels held up real good at Maribor.

Will post up photos tomorrow of my bike being built :)

Last edited:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
the v2 covert is rediculous, just rode it for 3 days up in oregon on singletrack in bend, tight FR stuff outside of mt hood, and shuttle runs in Hood River...wouldnt have wanted any other bike with me...

I am an east coast resident, the only place i really dont dig it is the super slow techy east coast stuff if it gets really tight the slack head is a bit to handle otherwise it kills.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
the v2 covert is rediculous, just rode it for 3 days up in oregon on singletrack in bend, tight FR stuff outside of mt hood, and shuttle runs in Hood River...wouldnt have wanted any other bike with me...
Sick, that's all my local stuff now! Just moved from NC to Portland this year... I bet the covert was perfect for all of that..

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Sick, that's all my local stuff now! Just moved from NC to Portland this year... I bet the covert was perfect for all of that..
Portland is where it's at right now for riding some much good stuff...the covert is perfect for that area, i'd highly recommend it...what area of town are you in? My good bud lives out there I visit him somewhat often...have you been up to Sandy Ridge? If not, get up there, fantastic.

MDJ

Monkey
Dec 15, 2005
San Jose, CA

I am an east coast resident, the only place i really dont dig it is the super slow techy east coast stuff if it gets really tight the slack head is a bit to handle otherwise it kills.
Yeah, I'm eyeing this as my daily driver for the local Santa Cruz trails and should be perfect. Of course if I come into a bundle of money the carbon Nomad might take it.

I grew up and started MTBing in Pittsburgh so I think I understand what you mean.

.sooperfresh

Chimp
Dec 23, 2009
washington
i'll join the transition family. here's my '08 blindside i picked up from a buddy a few weeks back. he's now got a badass '10 glory.

at the shop being swapped. (****ty cell pic)

the first day it was complete.

then got some new goodies..and new e.thirteen LG1+ will be on this weekend.

beefier front fork is next on the list. 40? boxxer? 888? i dunno..

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
i'll join the transition family. here's my '08 blindside i picked up from a buddy a few weeks back. he's now got a badass '10 glory.

at the shop being swapped. (****ty cell pic)

the first day it was complete.

then got some new goodies..and new e.thirteen LG1+ will be on this weekend.

beefier front fork is next on the list. 40? boxxer? 888? i dunno..

I dig the color of your frame, here be mine

.sooperfresh

Chimp
Dec 23, 2009
washington
Syncros Mental Mags. I love those pedals.

Wasn't at Beacon on Thursday but was there most of the day on Saturday. Had some friends down from Calgary riding.

You must have E-Bone's old frame?
ah, ok. i saw a white blindside and thought it was you but i don't remember the decal placement so i wasn't sure. i think i see a floating rear brake kit on yours? night and day difference with/without it under hard braking? i plan on getting one soon.

yep, i have eric's old frame. parking lot boxing + bike build = :cheers:

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
i think i see a floating rear brake kit on yours? night and day difference with/without it under hard braking? i plan on getting one soon.
I ordered it when I got the frame so have no comparison to without. But I am so glad I did. Even up at Whistler in a sea of braking bumps it stays glued and doesn't chatter or stinkbug.

yep, i have eric's old frame. parking lot boxing + bike build = :cheers:
Ah, parking lot boxing . . . did you KO Danny :D?