Quantcast

Postride Grubbage

El Santo

Chimp
Apr 14, 2002
the 'burbs of SF
This post brings up the obvious topic:

where are the best places to go for post-ride eats and drinks? Maybe there should be categories:

1. Mexican

2. Beer coupled with something greasy

(1) I am going to go with Pancho Villa Taqueria in downtown San Mateo (partly because it's close to my casa, but the food is great). Huge al pastor burritos - the best I have found outside of LA. Drawback - no margaritas. Other good place is the burrito joint next to Woodside Bikes on the 84. Also no Margis, but their salsa bar has *way* too many choices.

(2) is a tie - in SF, Memphis Minnie's barbecue on Haight followed by a satiated stumble across the street to Toronado, which has more belgian beers than, well, Belgium. All of my future Marin rides will end at the Marin Brewco in Larkspur. Killer burgers and Mt. Tam Pale Ale. Honorable mention goes to Alice's Restaurant at 4 corners - for sheer convenience after railing Skeggs or other trails, good Scottish Ale and garlic fries.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Well in SF I also like Tommy's for Mexican food and the best Margaritas in the city. But we often end up at the T afterwards too.

Zeitgeist works great too, good grill action, they sell pitchers, and you can park your bike inside. And you can sit outside so the post-ride funk dissipates a little bit.