Quantcast

Potential Colorado SKi trip

TheBiggmann

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
So my girlfriend and I are hoping to come out to the Dillon/Frisco area over next spring break for some skiing and are trying to get a rough idea of what we're gonna need for funds. We live in northern wisconsin and would be driving out there, and probably staying for about 3 days worth of skiing. We can deal with pretty much minimum accommodations, but not some little grungy, rat bag hotel, just something decent, Super 8, Holiday Inn, Stuff like that. So, including tickets, food, hotel, and anything else you can think of (we don't need rentals), can you give me a rough idea what we'll need for finances? I tried Slopemonkey but it's kinda dead this time o' year, so i figured I'd hit the next best place :D.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
http://www.vrbo.com/ -- I got four days/three nights for $125 in a 3BR/2BA condo in February! And it was an awesome condo too... sauna in the masterbath!

That might be too big for you, but the point is, you can get killer deals -and- it's basically the same expense as a crappy hotel.

Copper Colorado always has 4 packs for like $100. Sometimes you can get similar deals for Keystone or Breck. You need to buy them before the season starts, but they're not onsale yet.

You can manage with grocery store food near the condos (which have full kitchens). Pack water and sandwiches for lunch to save on resort expensive and not that great of food.

Save your food dollars for the breweries :) take your woman to at least one nice dinner.

Nice condo : $300
Lift tickets : $200
Food : $200
Sex in the snow : priceless