Quantcast

President Bush takes a spill on his bike!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Sweet!!! Our first Xtreme President! I wonder if the details are going to be posted on PinkBike?

"Suffice it to say he wasn't whistling show tunes"

EDIT: I'll bet he didn't stop to take pictures either... :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
....and just to add:

Isnt it amazing the lengths candidates will go to, to pick up new voters. Bush must've recognized that Kerry probably has the roadie crowd on his side, so Bush had to pick up the MTB vote to counter:

Politics is AWESOME!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ummm... looks like the pres might be a poser...

LOS ANGELES, CA -- In his speech at the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area President George W. Bush mentioned the importance of trails for hiking and biking.

And four mountain bike advocates were among the 30 private citizens invited to the speech in the one of the few national parks were bikes are allowed.

The event was small enough that the advocates were able to talk to the President, the Secretary of the Interior, Gale Norton, and Fran Manella, director of the National Park Service.

"We invited Bush on a mountain bike ride," said Peter Heumann, promoter of the Southern California Bicycle Expo and member of Concerned Off Road Bicyclists Association (CORBA). "He said it's something he has never done, but would like to try."

LINK

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Originally posted by BurlySurly
....and just to add:

Isnt it amazing the lengths candidates will go to, to pick up new voters. Bush must've recognized that Kerry probably has the roadie crowd on his side, so Bush had to pick up the MTB vote to counter:

Politics is AWESOME!
LOL, I was just thinkin that when I read the story, how they had to point out that Kerry also fell off his bike recently :rolleyes:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
maybe he and cheney got into a wrestling match and this is a coverup

:eek:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I dunno...if he doesn't want to appear Bob Dole feeble, I think he should just stick to running. That's twice now somewhat recently that he has fallen off a two-wheeler, once despite the help of a gyroscope. Maybe he has some sort of lingering inner ear infection or something. :confused:

splat

Nam I am
Originally posted by brenth
from cnn

A mouth guard?
It does sound funny , but I know a couple people who wear mouth gaurds , I personally wear a Giro switch blade , because of the mouth protection. I know I wear it because of the Massive amount of dental work I have had done.

But back to the subject!

Somebody has to teach these politicians how to rides bicycles!

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
The cover story:
Dubbya fell 16 miles into a 17-mile ride and got rashed up.

The real story:
Isn't there a video of Dubbya stacking up after stylin' big air over the Giro peloton last week?

The proof:
Who wears a full-face helmet (mouthguard) on an XC ride?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by jaydee
Who wears a full-face helmet (mouthguard) on an XC ride?
i think "mouthguard" in this case was more like the things that boxers and football players bite down on

jaydee

Monkey
Jul 5, 2001
Victoria BC
Originally posted by Toshi
i think "mouthguard" in this case was more like the things that boxers and football players bite down on
Probably, but it was my theory, so I'm allowed to distort the facts.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Kerry was rumored to have said "Did the training wheels fall off?".

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Bush kicks a$$!!!

Riding and taking a spill on a MTB is far better than Flip-Flop Kerry's Roadie wipe out a few weeks ago...

:rolleyes: