Quantcast

Pretty pics from Sea Otter.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
transcend man, i noticed those shots u where taken on the slalom was very close to the ones i had. I was the kid with the green bandanna and neon beanie that looked out of place.
I don't remember you... I was the kid shooting slalom freezing with a t-shirt on most of the time.

I said Hi to Transcend when he was shooting the 30' jump on the otherside of the tree from where I was shooting. I thought I was short. :rofl:

I too like bright colors. That new santa cruz yellow is cool.

yesimaddicted

Monkey
Apr 28, 2007
centeral Euroland via CA
I don't remember you... I was the kid shooting slalom freezing with a t-shirt on most of the time.

I said Hi to Transcend when he was shooting the 30' jump on the otherside of the tree from where I was shooting. I thought I was short. :rofl:

I too like bright colors. That new santa cruz yellow is cool.
where u the kid setting up flashes sunday morning on the 30'?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yep. I had the vivitar on the left side of that jump and the sunpak 555 on tripod under the tree below where where I was shooting from.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
Fraser that shot of Steve is DOPE!! A fair bit different perspective than your usual race shot, yet still looks pinned

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Someone needs to make a note to Sean at Monster/IH that black doesn't photograph too well. Hill and Brendon are almost invisible in those pics.
I said the same thing after looking at my monster guys pics. Sam's however if hit right with light-the gold bits reflect some cool stuff, but all black is a little rough on the images.

Oh, and fraser, nice job on pics.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Thanks Stik.

Sean asked me that first thing, did the guys stuff show up ok? Black in the woods of Europe is really going to suck. Also hard to see monster logo on it, even when hit with flash.

How'd the drive home go?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I said the same thing after looking at my monster guys pics. Sam's however if hit right with light-the gold bits reflect some cool stuff, but all black is a little rough on the images.

Oh, and fraser, nice job on pics.
Yeah, two years ago our team with white/gold/black NoFear gear & every photo of us was awesome. My boy motomike on here got a US Open pic 2 years in a row in Decline it shows up so well.

I think pros are expected to wear the gaudy stuff, regardless of how loud it is sometimes, because the sponsor logos show up and the photos get published...and the bills get paid.

What still makes me scratch my head to this day is all the pro DH teams have virtually stopped putting their sponsors on the shoulders of jerseys...the #1 spot that gets exposure in a photo.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Fraser, I am going to hijack your thread....since its titled pretty....pics from my house at otter;

standing in kitchen-yes that is my bible next to my laptop-Motocross Exposure by the God of all photography gods-Simon Cudby.

Looking out dining room window;

And looking at sunset over DH track from my driver seat-with a long lens;

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Who's she? I got at least on of her.

I was just up the driveway of the campground A. There was a nice view of behind that hill. We bought the spot from someone.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
just noticed Herndon is sporting a custom painted Fox Rampage in the pics from BikeMag but can't pilfer their image. Anybody got a better pic of it?
Did he retire the white D2? I really liked the simplicity of his helmet.

Also, what fork is on Anneke's bike in that pic. I know its manitou but it has a 20mm and doesn't look like a travis or a gold label.