Quantcast

PRISM and Gig

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
(Or, say, if our license plate numbers were tracked through every intersection we passed through...) If we all had government minders waiting outside our driveways, we'd feel differently about granting the government power to perform public surveillance
Australia does this. If they clock you faster than a certain time between where you start and end up, you get a ticket.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Australia does this. If they clock you faster than a certain time between where you start and end up, you get a ticket.
People have been issued with tickets in the same manner here in NZ, but those have all been rare and in cases where the driver was picked up on the radar of a patrol car going the other way on a motorway and hence unable to turn around and pursue, so they just used the traffic cam's on the motorway to time the car.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
itll be interesting to see how Laura Poitras's new film will be taken. apparently she has a lot more to say about the NSA thanks to ol' Eddie

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i think he tried to make a nsa spy joke at his press conference today at the G20 summit...to his shock and surprise i think...no one laughed.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Can you imagine having a dead spouse or sibling donate organs after a tragic accident and finding out they ended up in the body of a war criminal?

That's a ****ing horror movie plot right there.
let's hope barry never needs a heart/lung/liver....