Quantcast

Prize Purse 4 Women @ local Nor Cal Sand Hill Race

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
:happydance:THAT'S RIGHT WOMEN!!!:happydance:

there will be a prize purse of $100 :greedy: to the women on the final round of the Sand Hill Series.

the race will be held on Saturday November 11th. It is a Dual Slalom.

THE ONLY CATCH IS THAT WE NEED AT LEAST 8 RIDERS IN THE WOMENS CATEGORY. whether you race beginner, sport, or expert, come on out and test your skills

so MEN - please bring out your girlfriends, moms, sisters, daughters, or the girl you met at the bar the other night. This way they can win some moolah, and you have a cool chick that is also riding with you!!!

other race dates of the series that will not have the purse, but will get you going are:
october 7th - DS
october 14th - Mtn-X
october 21st - Mtn-X

and then the FINAL with the $100 purse on November 11th!!!!!!

for more information check out http://www.sandhillracing.com and click on the mountainbike

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Man, we must be spoiled up here in Oregon. We have two series, at one of them, the top female gets $50, regarless of class size, and at the other series, the promotor pays back 75% of the entries fees from the women's class, to the winner. There's a race down in southern oregon that isn't a part of the series but they guarantee the pro women's class will be payed out $150, $100, and $50, again, regardless of class size. Surprise, they get the biggest women's classes all season for the entire state.

It's cool that the sandhill series is offering incentive for more women to get out and race.

Good work getting the word out to other girls, and trying to get them to race Chrissie!

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
ya this race is gonna be awesome..

in addition to having a prize purse there will be a free raffle. and sand hill always has the best stuff to give out. they have donations from rideSFO, fox shox, fox racing, etc. they always have hats/ t-shirts/sweatshirts and to top that off they will always have a big prize like a fork or frame.

gauranteed about 75% of the people walk away with a something.

thePINKster

Monkey
Jan 31, 2006
bay area, Cali
plus 100% cash
payback for pro's. On Nov 11, we will pay cash to all
podium finishers (all classes!), but not 100%. Percentage
will be based on class size.

from the website.......

so EVERYONE has the chance to rake in some dough

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Man, we must be spoiled up here in Oregon. We have two series, at one of them, the top female gets $50, regarless of class size, and at the other series, the promotor pays back 75% of the entries fees from the women's class, to the winner. There's a race down in southern oregon that isn't a part of the series but they guarantee the pro women's class will be payed out $150, $100, and $50, again, regardless of class size. Surprise, they get the biggest women's classes all season for the entire state.
that's a pretty sweet deal for sure.

Chrissy - posted in the bay area forum, but I'll try and make it out that day. I've always had good intentions to go out to a sandhill race, but it's always wayyy to hot to make it worthwhile.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
i'm not going to go. mother in-law is in town.

and i've never been to sandhill, so i think if i drive all the way out there it'll be on a non-race day so i can get some good riding in.