Quantcast

Pro gravity tour to give Amateur UCI points?

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
I plan on attending the Whiteface and Windham race on the pro gravity tour. Will They be giving UCI points to Amateurs on these races? or will they be USA cycling points? or what?

Thanks,

Austin

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
These races show usac that you are serious. If you race juniorX and place well , you may be considered for the worlds team or to represent the USA in any other races. Good results in this series will mean more if you want to move up to Elite. Basically, these races will put more pressure on racers and introduce amateurs to higher levels of competition.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
answer has pretty much been stated. no UCI points (for elites - i.e. pro only).

we'll be discussing the option to offer amateur points in the future for an overall series title (Amateur GRT?) but that's a bit down the road if it does come to be.

last i heard, USAC hasn't declared which events will be a factor for Worlds Selection (for jr or pros), but i'd expect to see at least a few of the Pro GRT events involved.

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
These races show usac that you are serious. If you race juniorX and place well , you may be considered for the worlds team or to represent the USA in any other races. Good results in this series will mean more if you want to move up to Elite. Basically, these races will put more pressure on racers and introduce amateurs to higher levels of competition.
Thanks man, that is exactely what I needed to know

dcrides

Chimp
Jun 24, 2005
Thanks man, that is exactely what I needed to know
My response was based on an assumption that the worlds selection process will place emphasis on the national series. However, because everything is changing this year, you should listen to Dylan Dean, he seems to know what up. I'm just making my best guess.

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
The qualifier for the worlds will be The National Championships, Angelfire and hopefully someplace on the East Coast. The winner of the Nats JRx will be 1/2 funded and another yet to be determined JRx racer will be 1/2 funded. USAC can take up to 7 as last year or a few as they want as in the past.

Windham GPT and Whiteface GPT are too late. Working on getting an East Coast Calander or GES race to serve as the other qualifier, it may not happen.

Last Year the first Plattekill Series race was an Eastern qualifier for the Juniors

Last edited:

ska todd

Turbo Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
If you are a junior or a pro and you even think that you can or will qualify for Worlds you should already be talking to USA Cycling (and specifically to Marc Gullickson) so you know EXACTLY the planned qualification procedures spelled out in black & white. It is the athlete's responsibility to know these ahead of time and in the long run will save you lots of confusion or misinterpretations. Every year it seems like a fast rider (or several) cries foul on the day that the roster is released claiming that they never knew the rules.

-ska todd

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
If you are a junior or a pro and you even think that you can or will qualify for Worlds you should already be talking to USA Cycling (and specifically to Marc Gullickson) so you know EXACTLY the planned qualification procedures spelled out in black & white. It is the athlete's responsibility to know these ahead of time and in the long run will save you lots of confusion or misinterpretations. Every year it seems like a fast rider (or several) cries foul on the day that the roster is released claiming that they never knew the rules.

-ska todd
exactly

downhill mike

Turbo Monkey
Mar 23, 2005
The 5 K DH at Whiteface will be part of the NEMA Contingency Plan. Amateurs can get paid to race.

Our web site will have plenty of info well before the race on the Nema Contingency Plan.
We want not only the top pros to win some money but the amateur classes as well.

I plan on getting very familiar with Nema's plan before our race, and help amateurs make sure they know how to sign up and get paid to race!

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California

-ska todd
yep, what todd said. he's more knowlegeable about what's going on within USAC regarding this type of stuff. i'm mainly dealing with the Pro Tour direct.

i personally haven't seen/heard anything about Jr Qualifiers yet for worlds. but as todd said... it's YOUR responsibility to make sure what it is.. RM is a descent place to find out some info... but BEWARE! not everyone knows what they're talkin about here! :D