Quantcast

Pro GRT @ NW Cup #2

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Alright lets start a thread for this one. Just past 100 pre-registered today and closing it on Sunday I believe. I will keep this thread updated with how many spots are available. Said it already, but lots of big names and team trailers coming to town for this one. LOTS of work to do before this race! Keep an eye on Pinkbike for the course previews.
ST

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I'm in and I can't wait!!!

It's looking like a couple/few of us will be out there on Sunday to help out with some of that work, Scott. :thumb:
I'm tied up this weekend and I think Shawn is out of town. PM me and we can look at next weekend.

Thanks much for the willingness though.
Scott

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
We worked out some bugs and will now have registration open until April 16th. At that point, we will let everyone know if there is any more space available.

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Can't thank ODS enough for letting us do the demo gig at round #1. We'll be at round #2 just on Sat to spin wrenches but no demo. We had a blast reconnecting with old friends and meeting new folks.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I tried to register and after I filled out my info I got a error message. Tried again with the same results.

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I tried to register and after I filled out my info I got a error message. Tried again with the same results.
Hey there,
The customer service with CCN is top notch, so I would try contacting them. I have been dealing with Phil and he has been able to walk me through everything over the phone. Shoot him an email if you continue to have trouble.

ST

Nov 5, 2009
Bellingham Washington
Hey I tried to register today and could not figure out how. How do you register? every time I got to the registration page it just gives me a bunch of information about the event. What am I missing?

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
We had a little SNAFU with pre-reg but the wizards at CCN figured it out and it's all good again. Only open until this Friday and we're at almost 200 so get on it if you are waiting on a weather report. After Friday we'll see where we are at and announce the status.

Scott

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Cool, the track looks awesome. I noticed you rebuilt some of those berms after they got destroyed from the first race. Thanks for the work!

ICE

Chimp
Jun 5, 2006
I think it should be called the interurban GRT after watching the pro course. And who was the guy "riding?"

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
I wish I could have had you over to shred the crap out of that for everyone. Your skills are legendary for sure. What was your time from the last race anyhow?

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
1. If you raced round 1, bring your plate. If not, there will be a small replacement fee ($5)
2. If you are racing pro or Cat 1, bring your license or absolute proof from USA Cycling.
3. Please help us maximize our parking. We expanded the parking, however there are quite a few teams coming with big ol' spreads of pit space.
4. Carpool from your hotels if possible.
5. Have a good time.

Lastly, we have been reminded by our land owners that we cannot have any alcohol consumption on-site. This is an issue that could affect our ability to keep having events up there. Please help us with this.

Pre-reg closes tomorrow for those who have waited. Not sure how much room will be left after then. We'll let you know or you can email us to check.

Thanks everyone and we're really psyched for this.

ryanrider

Chimp
Nov 20, 2007
So if we've pre-registered, paid and have the old plate do we still need to check in or something? Sorry for the stupid question..

-Ryan

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
So if we've pre-registered, paid and have the old plate do we still need to check in or something? Sorry for the stupid question..

-Ryan
Yes you do need to check in. Realize we have two property owners that both need signed waivers turned in and USA Cycling still requires a signed waiver. We'll try to make it as quick as possible.

Thanks in advance for everyones patience

climbngruven

Chimp
May 28, 2007
So there are a bunch of UK and European pros at Sea Otter this weekend, and they can't go home because there's no air travel to Europe for at least another week, and PA is just up the road....

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Im thinking about coming over and racing this, hows the course? how does it compare to Beacon as far as drops, jumps etc... Is it a more flowy trail with drops and obstacles??? Just kind of curious as to what Im looking at.
I didnt get to Beacon this season but I know the course and rode it the, pro line would have been a bit over my head (injury hangups mental yuck) but the catI line was a run we rode a few times before.

Just curious as to what the layout is like, the video didnt do much justice (lloked fun and in and out of stuff) and I searched pretty good for pics on the course and dry hill...

Thanks in advance guys!

ods

Monkey
Feb 22, 2008
Port Angeles
Im thinking about coming over and racing this, hows the course? how does it compare to Beacon as far as drops, jumps etc... Is it a more flowy trail with drops and obstacles??? Just kind of curious as to what Im looking at.
I didnt get to Beacon this season but I know the course and rode it the, pro line would have been a bit over my head (injury hangups mental yuck) but the catI line was a run we rode a few times before.

Just curious as to what the layout is like, the video didnt do much justice (lloked fun and in and out of stuff) and I searched pretty good for pics on the course and dry hill...

Thanks in advance guys!
Where are you traveling from? It's possible that there won't be any more openings except for Pro's. Pre-reg closed Friday and we are pretty close to the cap for amateur classes. I don't want to say no yet, but I don't want to guarantee anything. We should update this sometime this week so watch this forum and our website. www.nwcup.com

As far as the course, I have never made it to Beacon unfortunately. For this pro/Cat1 line there is only one "mandatory" drop that can be a little techy until you get used to it. The other jumps have options (slower ones) and other than that it's just a matter of how fast you go.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Where are you traveling from? It's possible that there won't be any more openings except for Pro's. Pre-reg closed Friday and we are pretty close to the cap for amateur classes. I don't want to say no yet, but I don't want to guarantee anything. We should update this sometime this week so watch this forum and our website. www.nwcup.com

As far as the course, I have never made it to Beacon unfortunately. For this pro/Cat1 line there is only one "mandatory" drop that can be a little techy until you get used to it. The other jumps have options (slower ones) and other than that it's just a matter of how fast you go.
Im in Boise right now, weizer and I would make the jont out more than likely. Yeah it would be CatI or should be Ill know tomorrow (long story including injury).
If not then cat II which Im not pumped about at all but racing is racing...

Beacon is more a freeride/DH race

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.

Thanks in advance guys!
Beacon is much more technical than PA. Beacon is a bunch of rock rolls and little jumps. Port Angeles is in the trees and pretty straight forward. It's perfect for all skill levels. Trust me, PA is super fun, but it is FAST! Pretty much open the throttle the whole way!

-KT

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Beacon is much more technical than PA. Beacon is a bunch of rock rolls and little jumps. Port Angeles is in the trees and pretty straight forward. It's perfect for all skill levels. Trust me, PA is super fun, but it is FAST! Pretty much open the throttle the whole way!

-KT
Cool thats good to know I was hoping for a wide open woods run...
I will try to get my @$$ out there. thank you I appreciate the input...

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
Cool thats good to know I was hoping for a wide open woods run...
I will try to get my @$$ out there. thank you I appreciate the input...
No problem, PA is worth it. Scott, Casey, and the rest of the ODS crew have been putting a ton of hours into the hill, and run a great race. The attitude and atmosphere is great. You won't regret it.

-KT