Quantcast

Probably the first rumble in Los Olivos

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I have a gary fisher level betty. There is a lot of stress on the shock mount and it will crack soon. At cambria poncho says I should get a mountain cycle rumble. I will be doing jumps, skateparks, light fr,dh, xc trails, etc. Does anyone have one? I hjave heard good things.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I've ridden one.
They feel very upright, kind of trialsy, short wheelbase.
Slack HA though, so not too twitchy.
Light, Made in USA.

I would go for it.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Here's my '04 small rumble S/1.
There are a couple threads about Mountain Cycle Rumbles on www.mtbr.com in the downhill / freeride forum. Check it out for more info and pics. Cambria is selling those frames super cheap, they got a special deal from MC and are letting them go for less than half price.

Attachments

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I had an 03 rumble built up for only 2 months and it cracked right where the seatstay yoke attaches to the seat tube. Called MC and they said it was a problem with some of the 03's. If you get an 04-05 you should be fine, I used mine for urban and freeride and it was nice and responsive. It was good while it lasted but I have a Bullit now and am happier with a dually for what I do.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
mtnbrider said:
A bullit is too expensive I am definitially geting a black rumble. Is a super-t way too much for it?
Look at my bike and it's angles. That bike rides better with a big fork. It's oversized head tube gussett can handle any fork. Heck, I had an '03 8" MonsterT on my rumble for a little while.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
mtnbrider said:
I want a bullit now. I know a hardtail would make me a better rider, but i am getting into dh now.

i ride dh on my hardtail. It takes more skill and oneness with your bike though. Like you actually have to be able to ride, not just huck and pray

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
mtnbrider said:
What is the widest tire the frame can hold?
I had a Hookworm 2.5" slid all the way forward in the drops of my S/1 and there was plenty of clearance on the sides for something bigger. I also had a 3.0 x 24" on there at one time.

NickZ

Chimp
Dec 23, 2004
Sydney
pangeist said:
I had an 03 rumble built up for only 2 months and it cracked right where the seatstay yoke attaches to the seat tube. Called MC and they said it was a problem with some of the 03's. If you get an 04-05 you should be fine, I used mine for urban and freeride and it was nice and responsive. It was good while it lasted but I have a Bullit now and am happier with a dually for what I do.
I had that same problem with my 04 Rumble, and they gave me an 05 to replace it, which is sweet as they come with interchangeable dropouts, so I bought the horizantal one as well. I did my entire waranty via email which made life a lot easier as I'm in Australia, and shipping the frame to the US would have costed a fortune, as would shipping the new frame. As fate would have it, my girlfriend is American, and living with me here, so in 2 weeks we're visiting her home in California and I get my frame! Awesome warranty service from Mountain Cycle.

Attachments

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Cambria called and my DJ2 steer tube is too short. He said I could get a ds1 which would fit it for a similiar price. Isn't that a slalom/jump frame. I want a frame that can handle a dc and sc fork and rough stuff, not just smooth jumps. Should I just get a new fork and sell my original fork, it is in good condition, just a few scratches?

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
NickZ said:
I had that same problem with my 04 Rumble, and they gave me an 05 to replace it, which is sweet as they come with interchangeable dropouts, so I bought the horizantal one as well. I did my entire waranty via email which made life a lot easier as I'm in Australia, and shipping the frame to the US would have costed a fortune, as would shipping the new frame. As fate would have it, my girlfriend is American, and living with me here, so in 2 weeks we're visiting her home in California and I get my frame! Awesome warranty service from Mountain Cycle.
You're welcome. :thumb: