Quantcast

Profile front mtb nondisc hub

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
has anyone seen these in other colors besides silver/black. i know profile makes there bmx hubs in a bunch of colors, do they do the same for the mtb ones?? thanks

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Profile hubs come in any color you like as long as it's silver or black. They don't do any other color. Perhaps you're thinking of Chris King? Same quality (freakin' awesome) and same price range (you need to be Bill Gates to buy anything) but more color options.

Feb 21, 2002
I looked into Anti-Freeze Green Profile MTB hubs a few months back... They said they would cost an extra $25? each and take 6 weeks to get. Can't remember the exact figure but they did say they would do them...

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Deep in Cider said:
I looked into Anti-Freeze Green Profile MTB hubs a few months back... They said they would cost an extra $25? each and take 6 weeks to get. Can't remember the exact figure but they did say they would do them...
cool thanks man

RHARPER

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
Dundee, MI
Must be a new product as I was looking for a non-disc 20mm thru axle hub about a month ago and did not see that one. Only one that I know of! Very cool!

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
scottjustscott said:
I stand corrected. Silly me, I thought that by checking out Profile's web site I might get accurate information regarding colors. Oh well.
I should imagine Profile originally offered alternate colours to friends.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
or if you want a sweet 20mm non disc hub check out ebay for an old gt (haldey made them) one. cheap and bombproof. the one i had originally in 96 with the frist year boxxer is still ticking on my buddies dj bike and it has never been serviced and spins like butter

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
just got a quote from profile. a 20mm non disc hub in red anno is $150. said it would take 2 weeks. thats fast so im not sure about that but thats what they said. im leaning towards getting it :cool:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
Boxxer said:
Why not just take parts to an anodizer if you want one off or different colors.
i started this thread to inquire about a part i do not own. what are you talking about?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Im saying. If you want a color not otherwise avail from profile racing. Just take it to an anodizer and pick the color you want. Period.

BTW. I talked with Profile today about some hubs for a personal project and they take color requests at an additional charge and about a 3 week wait.

So, to answer your first question. No they dont have(MTB) multi colored hubs laying around. Yes than can do colors other than polished and black.

And, even if they didnt. Take any aluminum part you want to an anodizer and pay to have whatever color it is you want applied.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
dexter said:
or if you want a sweet 20mm non disc hub check out ebay for an old gt (haldey made them) one. cheap and bombproof. the one i had originally in 96 with the frist year boxxer is still ticking on my buddies dj bike and it has never been serviced and spins like butter
middleburn just stopped doing one. it was a lightweight hub that had conversion cups.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Boxxer said:
Im saying. If you want a color not otherwise avail from profile racing. Just take it to an anodizer and pick the color you want. Period.
Yep, but quite often the anodizers want a minimum charge for the run, so unless they're already doing a run of the color you want and they don't mind adding another part, you might get stuck paying $$$ for it.

BTW. I talked with Profile today about some hubs for a personal project and they take color requests at an additional charge and about a 3 week wait.

So, to answer your first question. <snip>
He answered it :p

Stoked said:
just got a quote from profile. a 20mm non disc hub in red anno is $150. said it would take 2 weeks. thats fast so im not sure about that but thats what they said. im leaning towards getting it :cool:
Incidentally, I don't get the fetish with expensive front hubs. It's two bearings, a body and a sleeve. Why pay so much? Most any cheap front hub will hold up just fine.

Chris King's has a nice little bearing adjustment mechanism if you want to pay for something. Just seems like an expensive induldgement - but if ya want to spend the coin, I certainly won't say you shouldn't ;)

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
ive been using the marz front hub for 5 yrs now. i got bored of it and haven't had a front brake on my bike for a year so i said what the hell and got something i really wanted.