Quantcast

Profile Issues...

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Heres the dealio, I can't get my cranks spaced right so that they wont shift back and forth. By shifting back and forth, I mean the arms, Spindle and bearings altogether. I'm not sure if it is the tube spacer in the middle that is not the right size, cause the cranks only came with one, but I tried using an arm spacer along with the tube spacer between the cups and bearings, and it solved nothing. I need to get these running soon otherwise it'll drive me nuts and I wont be able to ride without going nuts thinking something will get fcuked up.

Unreal

Chimp
Sep 26, 2001
Seattle, WA
FR4life. said:
Heres the dealio, I can't get my cranks spaced right so that they wont shift back and forth. By shifting back and forth, I mean the arms, Spindle and bearings altogether. I'm not sure if it is the tube spacer in the middle that is not the right size, cause the cranks only came with one, but I tried using an arm spacer along with the tube spacer between the cups and bearings, and it solved nothing. I need to get these running soon otherwise it'll drive me nuts and I wont be able to ride without going nuts thinking something will get fcuked up.
Are you running the BMX or MTB version? It sounds like it could be a couple of things. Either the spindle is too long and/or you don't have enough spacers. That would mean that you bottom out both crank arms and it can still all shift back and forth.

If they're the BMX version, and the bearings are actually shifting back and forth in the cups, or the cup themselves are shifting back and forth in the frame, then the center spacer is too long. Before you install cranks like the profiles, it's a good idea to preassemble the parts and measure the space between the lips on the cups, and measure the width of the BB shell. The spacing of the assembled BB should just barely be more then the spacing of the frame, as close as possible.

Hope ya got it figured out. Good luck!