Quantcast

Progressive 5th and 05 v10

yearoftiger

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bay Area
Hey all,

So i have a 2005 v10 with a 400lb Ti spring on a progressive5th element. I did a search but didn't come up with anything and I tried santa cruz's website which used to have the chart but neways....I need help on how to tune the progressive 5th to my weight. My weight is between 177-180lbs and I do freeride and im about to take it up to north*, does anyone have tips on how to tune it correctly???? Right now I have the start and mid-finish rebound screws totally unscrewed which gives it a more lively ride but it bottoms out way to easy. Let me know what may work best.thanks!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Yeah, I got a bike that came with a 5th but didn't have the tuning guide refrenced in the owner's manual. I contacted progressive and they said the bike should have been shipped with the tuning guide from the frame manufacturer, the frame manufacturer said they didn't have a tuning guide and suggested I call the shock manufacturer. Weeks later I finally got a hold of someone at progressive who actually wanted to talk to me and they said that because my frame was so new (3 yrs old) they hadn't developed a tuning guide for it, but suggested that it should have been shipped with the shock set to baseline settings for the frame so tuning should only take one turn one way or the other on each adjuster.

So what does all that mean to you? Just tinker with it until it feels right, then buy a DHX because that's what all the cool kids are doing these days.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
The 400 pound spring should be good. Set the air pressure to 100-110psi. Adjust the preload to get a 3.5-4" sag measured at the seat.

After you get that, start with 2 turns out on both compression adjusters and 2.5 turns out on the rebound.

Report how the bike is working or email me directly.