Quantcast

ProGRT Update

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
The Cat 1 top qualifiers were: Kyle Marshell with a 2.45.71 followed by Derek Teal, Cameron Woods, Luciano Worl. The Top Women Pro qualifiers were Katie Holden with a 3.08.33 followed by Kathy Pruitt, Leanna Gerrard, and Katrina Strand. The Top Men qualifies were Curtis Keene with a 2.43.26 followed by Bart McDaniel, Keiran Bennet, Michael Sylvestri, and Joey Schusler.

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
How was the course, organization, etc? Sounded like the track was great?

I'll have a video out soon, that will have the riders answering this in their own words. But to paraphrase many thought the track worthy of a world cup, the organization tight, the locals friendly and excited to see so many new riders, and the competition tight.

Curtis Keene continued to dominate the Port Angeles track. He won the 1st ProGRT to go done in history as the first to put on the ProGRT leaders jersey. Luke Strobel and Ryan Condrashof followed.

I put the full results up on Bones Over Metal.

Those of you who can make the next ProGRT in Angel Fire should. It was a great time.

Dylan Dean

Monkey
Oct 12, 2007
southern California
the Pro GRT was awesome! i heard nothing but good things from people about the track, the venue & the event!

sorry i haven't been able to post up any updates... internet is kind f-ed in this hotel i think. i'm sitting ontop of the modem & can't get much of a connection... i found a seperate computer... but it's still kinda iffy! haha

here are a couple quick pics for ya... will have a report & photos on Pinned & a few other sites tomorrow

(condrashoff & strobel)

Last edited:

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
I have a question about the Windham race ( stop # 4 )

what does it mean when they say category 1 on the USAcycling website

here is what I mean.

August 15-16: Yankee Clipper at Windham Mountain – Windham, N.Y. (DH and 4-Cross UCI category 1)

01yz125

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
means only expert classes. thats CAT1. so no sport or beginner. you need a current CAT1 license to race there

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
means only expert classes. thats CAT1. so no sport or beginner. you need a current CAT1 license to race there
nope, sorry.... that's not even close

uci cat 1 means refers to it's uci event status... in more simple terms, how many uci points will be up fro grabs and how deep they go.

this status only applies to those who race the pro class... for everyone else the race is just like any other.