Quantcast

Project completed! ...but some help needed!

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
Here's my ride on its latest and final incarnation. Ride it for 10 days in Peru and end up messing my derailleur, chainguard, cranks, and other parts.

Have no time on the CCDB. Any recommendations on a good starting point for the shock settings (for a 210lbs geared-up rider)?

The build:
Frame: Session 88 large
Shock: CCDB with 2010 changes
Spring: Diverse 450#
Wheels: Industry9 DH wheelset with stans yellow tape and sealant
Brakes: Formula The One with Twenty6 Urban Camo levels
Pedals: Deity
Bar: Deity Dirty30
Stem: Twenty6 Urban Camo
Cranks: Shimano Saint 170mm with Gamut 36t Chainring and e.13 LG1+
Drivetrain: Shimano Saint with KMC XSL chain and Dura Ace 11-21 cassette

Weight as pictured: 36.0 lbs (16.34 kg Can go under 35lbs with the Boxxer WC 09 and other parts from my other ride) :D

Last edited:

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I can't help you with CCDB set up since I haven't ridden one but I can say that is a beautiful bike. Great attention to detail. Doesn't look like a single part on that bike was overlooked. Great job. :thumb:

bobsten

Monkey
Oct 23, 2008
rain rain go away
Judge,

When I was initially setting up my double barrel I called Malcom at Cane Creek; he told me the settings that most of the factory morewood guys were riding, when they rode them. With that, I'd just say shoot Malcom a call and see if he can help you.

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm fairly sure going from a Fox to an 09WC won't save you over a pound, IIRC there's less than half a pound between them, if that.

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
I'm fairly sure going from a Fox to an 09WC won't save you over a pound, IIRC there's less than half a pound between them, if that.
Agreed, I meant to say "...under 35lbs with the Boxxer WC 09 and other parts from my other ride...", as SRAM X.0, gravity lights and formula Oro Puro :D

Last edited:

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
sweet a$$ build! congrats man. where in Peru did you ride? i live in Lima, did you ride with Wayo??

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
After setting the sag, in general I tune my CCDBs by setting the HSR to my tastes. At the same time I adjust my HSC until I get maybe 1 to 2 bottom outs on a particular run. The HSC should be set much easier than the HSR, but after you get those close then I start adjusting my low speed stuff. LSC for pumping the bike and corners and LSR for keeping it stuck while turning.

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
sweet a$$ build! congrats man. where in Peru did you ride? i live in Lima, did you ride with Wayo??
Thanks! Did the last 2 Mega Avalanches in Cuzco. Rode with Mateo Ochoa and company... Met Wayo but haven't ride with him. Great riding there!!! so different and so much fun...

There is a Session 88 in Lima, don't know who got it but it was sold by one of my friends who won his category at this year's Mega.