That depends on your idea of "good"

Blueberry banana smoothie
1 cup blueberries
1 ripe banana
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup OJ
tofu (silken soft)
1 spoon of wheat germ

Blueberries are high in antioxidents and bananas are high in potassium. Soy milk has good protein as does tofu.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex vanilla
4 strawberries
2 ice cubes
1 cup water
5g creatine

Blend well.

I have one every morning. Approx 300 calories, 55g protein.

Bonk

Mike Bloss, Hero
Originally posted by I Are Baboon
2 scoops Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex vanilla
4 strawberries
2 ice cubes
1 cup water
5g creatine

Blend well.

I have one every morning. Approx 300 calories, 55g protein.
What is creatie? I'm not to educated in this stuff.

BTW, is $25.16 a good price for the 5lbs'ers of Optimum Nutrition? Seemed like a good deal to me. My health club sells stuff in the Pro Shop pretty cheap.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Bonk
What is creatie? I'm not to educated in this stuff.

BTW, is $25.16 a good price for the 5lbs'ers of Optimum Nutrition? Seemed like a good deal to me. My health club sells stuff in the Pro Shop pretty cheap.
Creatine (creatine monohydrate) is a supplement that helps your muscles last longer in the gym by giving them extra energy. More enery = more reps = bigger muscles. Creatine is naturally found in the muscles and is burned during workouts. Supplementing extra creatine into your diet allows your muscles to last longer during hard workouts. Creatine is pretty cheap and can be purchased anywhere you buy your protein powder.

$25.16 is a good price for a 5lb container of Optimum Nutrition.

MTBDH-BMX

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
Littleton, Colorado
2 sccops of vanila protein powder
1 banana
2 TBSP of all natual peanut butter
20 oz skim milk
1 pack EAS Myoplex- Chocolate

Tastes like a chocolate shake

approx. 91 grams of protein in a 30 oz glass

Yummy!!!!:D

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Ha if only I could mix my own shakes, with a dorm room fridge, I have to resort to chocolate water, let me tell you, its a sick combo, but does the trick, put on 8lbs of muscle mass since i started 2 months ago with my workout routine... been lazy lately though, schools kickin my butt instead of the gym!

Mooven

Chimp
Jun 5, 2002
Everywhere, USA
Just my 2 cents, but I am a fan of

1 Met Max packet (Chocolate)
1 Tbsp. of Peanut Butter
& Water

Good source of protein and low sugars so your not spiking your insulin levels

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
Originally posted by Acadian
I still think firmly believe that Muscle Max makes the purest, cleanest protein on the market.
www.proteinfactory.com

Their protein is the best. I can't imagine going back to GNC Mega Whey or anything not custom. At Protein Factory I order up a custom mix. Lots of hydrolized whey in it. Taste? Terrible. Hyrdrolized 520 is perhaps the most bitter thing I have ever tasted. Unless you've been conditioned as I have to drink anything put in front of me (a broken jaw will do wonders for the picky eater), you will not be able to drink anything stronger than hydro 1400. Hydrolized whey is absorbed much better by your body, allowing you to have it more often.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
When you go through protein mix as fast as I do, a bag is better than a rigid container. I just leave an approx. 25 gram scoop in the bag I'm currently using, then move the scoop to the next bag once the current one is used up. A plus is you can hide it under a tea cozy, so that the counter top looks uncluttered, yet protein is within easy reach. Mmmm, BAG.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
When my jaw was broken, I lived off of jamba juice. Some of the power size ones have upwards of 800 calories in them. Protein boosts only contain 14g of protein (if I'm not mistaken) which isn't nearly enough for post-workout protein.

I err on the side of having too much protein after workouts. Granted, I don't think my body can digest 80 grams of protein at one sitting, but the hydrolized whey and aminogen help the protein get in there.

You can't forget tuna either. Mmmmmmm tuna.

monkeywench

Chimp
Mar 26, 2003
movin' on...
Bonk, if you're looking for alternatives to bananas try your strawberry protein with mangos. Makes a smooth consistency, tastes great and it's not too acidic.

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Originally posted by Heidi
That depends on your idea of "good"

Blueberry banana smoothie
1 cup blueberries
1 ripe banana
1 cup soy milk
1/2 cup OJ
tofu (silken soft)
1 spoon of wheat germ

Blueberries are high in antioxidents and bananas are high in potassium. Soy milk has good protein as does tofu.
Ohh, that sounds good! I've been making banana shakes for years, but not with soy or tofu...:) I've just added soy protein powder to em...