Quantcast

Prototype Mud Guard

Nov 27, 2006
CA, San Jose
I was recently sent a few prototype mud Guards from a company im working with. They called it the "G-string". I was very impressed with its performance; despite its size it deflected a large amount of mud from my eyes.

The company is nearing a deal with a major manufacter, but are still looking for input. To keep the guard extra light it is injection molded using aerospace materials. We also have a few high level world cup riders lined up to run our guard next season.

The guard is amazingly light weight, my proto version is 1.92g. Production versions may be even lighter.

If you are interested in trying our guard, just respond to this post or pm me and we will be in contact with more details.

Pre Ride

Post Ride

Nov 27, 2006
CA, San Jose
The tire as well is a proto, as this point we are unsure if it is going to be released to the public or only used as a factory support product, more info will be will be released prior to Sea Otter.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
The tire as well is a proto, as this point we are unsure if it is going to be released to the public or only used as a factory support product, more info will be will be released prior to Sea Otter.
looks like it has some stellar tread! how do you like it with the g string combo??

must be nice to proto test all this rad stuff huh?

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
If I was to order, say, 400 of these g-strings, how long until they are ready to ship and what would they cost me?

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
could you design a G-string for my rear end? the roost off my rear tire makes my bike seat all slippy slidy!

so it flutters around in the wind and slaps flying dirt particles, deflecting them from your facial area? soundsss good!

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Cool product, I'll take two please.

Perhaps the interested parties of this astounding product may be interested in somthing I've been testing for SRAM for the past 6 months.

The super duper short cage mech.

If you send me a brand new X9 rear mech I can modify it for only $50 (free postage), bare in mind SRAM won't be releasing these until atlest 2012!

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
I would be interested in one or two of those mud guards, but only if I could get a CNC'd AL version.

I am surprised we didn't see any of those in the World Champs this year, not only is it light but it is aerodynamic too! Nice job.:thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Those are Specialized Storms and should have gone to production already. Not sure when they will make it to shops however.

I like the fork arch sticker.

Morgan

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
all lit up
wow nice work, it does indeed look like a tech lil flap, i wanna say i spotted you doing some testing locally but you wouldnt stop as I had a camera and might snap an action pic, oh well, maybe next time!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
Yep, I've actually known about this for some time now, but was asked to keep quiet about it.

Damn a secret has never been so hard to keep!

P.T.W

Monkey
May 6, 2007
christchurch nz
Yep, I've actually known about this for some time now, but was asked to keep quiet about it.

Damn a secret has never been so hard to keep!
Is it even harder to keep secret than that bike you've been riding lately Damo??
That's if you've got it yet:thumb:

miuan

Monkey
Jan 12, 2007
Bratislava, Slovakia
looks flexy...and the zip ties look heavy too :weee:
seriously, it may be a cool idea for racers, but most of us prefer better dirt protection, i.e. goggles AND other parts of rider's body too.