Quantcast

Prototype pedals from Canfield Bros...

EastCoaster

Monkey
Mar 30, 2002
Southeastern PA
Here's what I'd like to see from Canfield....
A new 5" travel trailbike frame....
BUT back on topic.
The no hump has me sold. I don't know about the feeling with 5:10s but I'm old school and running Vans... can easily feel the smallest hump through them.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Am I the only one that loves the hump? I wont be trading in my old set. I've never had a set of pedals that allows me to shift my foot to make it comfortable while so securely holding my foot in place.

These do look pretty sweet though

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
hmmm....i just don't know why the NEW one wouldn't be an improvement...i'm pretty stoked on my point ones, but these also look super cool...
I'm sure it is considering the gripes people had are gone, I like the looks of the old ones and the bump has no bearing on my ride of confidence of footing. I am just really comfortable with the old version and like a glove it fits (unless your Oj :D)

The new ones are good looking and thinner no bump or squeeky noise from time to time.

Last edited:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
I could see the bulge being really annoying if I had big feet. Since I have 10's, it keeps my feet pretty firmly planted without feeling squished

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
I can feel the hump on the old one but loved it. You can really tell where your foot is and it feels like you are really pushing against something in corners (although probably just mental)

with that said, I wouldn't mind trying the new ones. I have the old old ones where the pins go all the way through and I am constantly re-aligning them. Even after red lock tite

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
I was able to ride a pair of the proto's for a few weeks last year and compared to my crampons they feel very different. No sound from your shoe sole and once I went back to my pedals I could really feel the bump.
All in all it’s a good feeling pedal.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Just based on that picture, they don't look so exotic anymore. I know that's not the point, but it's the look as much as anything else that made me want the originals. I'm pretty happy with my Point 1's, anyway. I didn't see weight mentioned - did I miss it?

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
the fact that they're 1/2 as thick as the thinnest pedals out there doesn't look exotic to you?

aenema

almost 100% positive
Sep 5, 2008
Been on these pedals since Dec. and as soon as available, all of my riding buddies are going to be getting pairs as well as me for my other bikes. I held off on the older style because of the outer hump but am sold on the thin and have nothing but good to say about the functionality of these. They are working on production details and dates but weights sounding like they will be very sweet/favorable numbers. A decent amount lighter than the Point 1 pedal.

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
the fact that they're 1/2 as thick as the thinnest pedals out there doesn't look exotic to you?
The picture doesn't show how thick it is. It could be 30mm from that angle. My point is the other design was unique from that angle, this one not so much.

Last edited:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
The picture doesn't show how thick it is. It could be 30mm from that angle. My point is the other design was unique from that angle, this one not so much.
the linked article says 6mm - whether that's at its thinnest point (if it's not universal across across the whole pedal) like the crampons were measured i guess we'll have to wait and see.