Quantcast

Prototype Zerode trail bike

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
It's a 650B with a Pinion 18 SPD in the BB with a 636% range at 11% jumps in gear.

Verskis

Monkey
May 14, 2010
Tampere, Finland
Not the prettiest bike in the world, but I really, really like it! Too bad the the price will probably be outrageously high if it makes into production, the Pinion gearbox ain't cheap.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
The downhill version is one of the best bikes I have ever pedalled.

I'd be so keen to throw a leg over this...

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
No more slack ST angles on enduro bikes!!! How do bike designers not notice that their seat is too far back when raised and too far forward when lowered?
Do you really care how far "forward" the seat is when it's lowered?

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
I want to like this, but seriously, straighten that seat tube out and lower the seat mast, then maybe it won't look massive...
Rob is a tall guy, he built it for himself to test the Pinion gearbox and several other ideas. It's not been built to be seen, hence the lack of photos of it.

Last edited:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I talked with Rob last night. He only needs $350k to get the AM bike going. Anyone want to invest? :)

sundaydoug

Monkey
Jun 8, 2009
So you don't care about the horizontal position of the seat on your downhill bike at all?
Since we're talking about a trailbike, that's what I'm referring to. Seat position, as it relates to the BB, is only of significance to me when it's extended and I'm sitting on it, pedaling. When it's down and out of the way I'm not usually sitting on it. Sure, it makes contact with my inner thighs, but I doubt I'd notice a difference of a few mm fore/aft in that circumstance.

Last edited: