6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Spotted on empty beer, Ride Concepts 20% off

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
What kind of customer service do you need for a shoe?
when their shit falls apart after a few rides and you want to return/exchange it, which is what happened to me early on in the adidas years. the customer service was kind of a pain then. but the sam hill i got more recently has held up a lot better.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
What kind of customer service do you need for a shoe?
when their shit falls apart after a few rides and you want to return/exchange it, which is what happened to me early on in the adidas years. the customer service was kind of a pain then. but the sam hill i got more recently has held up a lot better.
Yeah, I had early freeriders back in the day and the sole fell apart. 5.10 support took care of it. I got a pair of 5.10 kestrels with the boa and the boa failed early on. I couldn't get anyone at 5.10/adidas to help me, luckily boa was able to sort me out.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, I had early freeriders back in the day and the sole fell apart. 5.10 support took care of it. I got a pair of 5.10 kestrels with the boa and the boa failed early on. I couldn't get anyone at 5.10/adidas to help me, luckily boa was able to sort me out.
I'd be more concerned about a shit product than shit service.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
These new Impact Pros just arrived to me. They are way roomier than my Freerider Pros, nearly to the point where I shouldn't have sized up. Also heavier and uglier, but ugly is to be expected.

Importantly, they are not red and black.

Hopefully the sole is thicker than Freerider Pros, therefore longer lasting.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
These new Impact Pros just arrived to me. They are way roomier than my Freerider Pros, nearly to the point where I shouldn't have sized up. Also heavier and uglier, but ugly is to be expected.

Importantly, they are not red and black.

Hopefully the sole is thicker than Freerider Pros, therefore longer lasting.
mine get here friday. got the same size as my current impact/sam hills. interested to see weight/sole feel difference as well. i have some old basic freeriders that i wear occasionally and don't like the thinness of the sole, especially when it gets rough/chunky.

Andeh

Customer Title
Mar 3, 2020
BTW, if anyone is looking for for replacement Five Tens and can't find their size in stock at Adidas on sale, I found Moosejaw has them for 30% off, and can get 12% from Active Junky on top of that. I was only looking for Impact Pros, didn't check for other models.