Quantcast

Psssst…anyone wanna buy some XTR?

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
"From the consignment loaded mostly with expensive e-bike and bike parts, only nine boxes of low-end components were left in the truck"
Man how much fun could you have if it turned out the left behind components were something your riding buddy used. You'd never let them forget that their stuff wasn't even worth stealing

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
So,if they did have insurance on that Load,which If I read correctly,they did not,they would be good Togo No?
Avy

Olly

Monkey
Oct 1, 2015
So,if they did have insurance on that Load,which If I read correctly,they did not,they would be good Togo No?
Avy
Even if they get a payout from the insurance company, getting another truckload of parts from Shimano could take months or even years right now.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Even if they get a payout from the insurance company, getting another truckload of parts from Shimano could take months or even years right now.
Freight insurance is also pretty weird. Usually it's paid out by the pound for items lost, not the cost, you can insure for more or less per pound but it's all about finding that balance between paying too much for insurance and actually having reasonable coverage. Then there's the way the bike industry tiered pricing works. If these parts were part of a one-time bulk order, they may not be able to order enough volume to get the replacement parts at the same discount as these, assuming like you said, there's even more parts to be had.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
Freight insurance is also pretty weird. Usually it's paid out by the pound for items lost, not the cost, you can insure for more or less per pound but it's all about finding that balance between paying too much for insurance and actually having reasonable coverage. Then there's the way the bike industry tiered pricing works. If these parts were part of a one-time bulk order, they may not be able to order enough volume to get the replacement parts at the same discount as these, assuming like you said, there's even more parts to be had.
Ok Olly,maxyedor,so that gave me another thought. They were waiting for a product ToBe Sent to Them. They have Paid the Bill. Should not the carrier be on the Hook for lost Product? They never got the Product?

I understand that they still have the problem of not having the product,but being on the hook to replace the product with more money is where I am scratching my head?
Avy

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If it’s not insured it’s not insured, the insurance is underwritten by the carrier so unless you pay for it the carrier isn’t responsible for anything other than transportation from point A to point B. Its not uncommon for containers to be uninsured, it’s actually super rare that entire containers get lost/damaged so it doesn’t make much financial sense to insure them, you spend far more on insurance than the loss of a container every now and then.

Given the obvious insider info on this shipment heist the insurance likely would never pay out anyway.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Ok Olly,maxyedor,so that gave me another thought. They were waiting for a product ToBe Sent to Them. They have Paid the Bill. Should not the carrier be on the Hook for lost Product? They never got the Product?

I understand that they still have the problem of not having the product,but being on the hook to replace the product with more money is where I am scratching my head?
Avy
it depends on what contract you had with the carrier:

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Pretty gnarly that they gassed the driver. Thats a fucking risky move - super easy to kill someone accidentally.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
They gave me nitrous when they had to re-break my pinky (healed crooked). That stuff is fucken awesome.
Had roomates who used to huff that stuff for fun. Was from some tea light looking canisters purchased at the corner store. Was annoying as F to hear them carrying on in the living room.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
They just used nitrous, he just didn’t care, and begged them to leave the tank.
That is Funny Brother,hella funny! So True.

You know what don’t like? You have 4 Happy . Why the Fuck can not these people type to you? To me it is Lazy, I want to know what these 4 pepole are thinkin? Pretty Soon,we will not have to type anything.
Avy

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Had roomates who used to huff that stuff for fun. Was from some tea light looking canisters purchased at the corner store. Was annoying as F to hear them carrying on in the living room.
I lived in a raver house for awhile with a 50lb tank in the living room that was refilled regularly. Danger Will Robinson.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I lived in a raver house for awhile with a 50lb tank in the living room that was refilled regularly. Danger Will Robinson.

Were you the monkey who met their wife after jumping out a window under circumstances one would expect from a rave house?

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
If it’s not insured it’s not insured, the insurance is underwritten by the carrier so unless you pay for it the carrier isn’t responsible for anything other than transportation from point A to point B. Its not uncommon for containers to be uninsured, it’s actually super rare that entire containers get lost/damaged so it doesn’t make much financial sense to insure them, you spend far more on insurance than the loss of a container every now and then.

Given the obvious insider info on this shipment heist the insurance likely would never pay out anyway.

On you’re last thought,regarding Insurance. That is BullShit to me. If I have a contract to insure my stuff,then I do not Care if it is “inside info” that Took my Stuff? That is why I have “THE” Insurance my Brother.

Insurance is?

I ask of the Monkeys to finish my last sentence. Than You.
Avy