Quantcast

Psssstt...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
F44 right?

they look like knock off Cortinas, but still cool none the less.

not too many 'Mericans have seen those jammies

Last edited:

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Not to worry, Todd... you'll get your ride. Should be here in about two weeks. I have all my parts ready to swap on there.

Would still like to pick up a Ti spring and a lighter stem... but otherwise, I'll be plenty happy with it just the way it comes.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
DH? Bah... I might as well have bought a Chumba.

F44 Ti. :cheers:
yeah the DH Team looks pretty damn identical to the Chumba...but then again the F44 looks pretty close to the Cortina...besides for the giant front triangle of course

still a cool bike none the less....plus no one has them here in the states which is even cooler

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Can't do Sunday, man. Jehn and I are going to start working at our church (and going to the main service) on Saturday nights, so starting in like 2 weeks, I'll be able to ride Sat and Sun. But this weekend, I've got church at 9:00AM on Sunday, along with a PooperBowl party to throw at our place with our folks.

Maybe the next weekend? I gotta' get some training in for CCCX.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
yeah the DH Team looks pretty damn identical to the Chumba...but then again the F44 looks pretty close to the Cortina...besides for the giant front triangle of course

still a cool bike none the less....plus no one has them here in the states which is even cooler
It does resemble the Cortina a little bit, although the Zumbi is obviously a little more utilitarian, and with newer technology. It also probably weighs about 15 pounds less. Haha...

Eitherway, I'm stoked. Never in my life have I had a full blown DH rig, so I'm stoked to see how good it hucks, fast it moves, and how well it'll pedal. :D

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Damn you all. Enjoy the trails.

I think you should all ride the new trail called RST(trail). It starts after the g-out on campers to the right, joins with campers, then goes off to the left, crosses campers again, and a right where Todd and I were thinking of building a trail.

Prepare for THE MOST gnar trail in the area. Seriously. I nearly **** myself I don't even know how many times on it. It is apparently what the Atherton's have been training on. Um, its humbling.

Last edited:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
It does resemble the Cortina a little bit, although the Zumbi is obviously a little more utilitarian, and with newer technology. It also probably weighs about 15 pounds less. Haha...

Eitherway, I'm stoked. Never in my life have I had a full blown DH rig, so I'm stoked to see how good it hucks, fast it moves, and how well it'll pedal. :D
I'll have you upgrading to a Karpiel by the end of summer:biggrin::cheers::cheers:

I definitely want to check that bike out when you get it.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Brian... remind me... Do Karpiels have a two-year race warranty? Or come with Ti hardware? ;) Haha... j/k, man. You still have one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen in person. And you simply can't go wrong with Karpiel. A classic frickin' bike.

And not to worry... you'll get to see the bike in person all summer at Northstar, and if you ever make it down to Santa Cruz, I'll show you around.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Brian... remind me... Do Karpiels have a two-year race warranty? Or come with Ti hardware? ;) Haha... j/k, man. You still have one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen in person. And you simply can't go wrong with Karpiel. A classic frickin' bike.

And not to worry... you'll get to see the bike in person all summer at Northstar, and if you ever make it down to Santa Cruz, I'll show you around.
You buy a Karpiel from me and I'll throw in some Ti bolts:biggrin: I'm hoping to check out SC within the next month.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Let me know. Just give me a few weeks to have my new steed all built up.

I still can't believe you haven't ridden out here yet.

I'll tell you, if you have a 5" or 6" bike, it's more fun (minus maybe one or two trails). But a big bike can be just as fun.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Let me know. Just give me a few weeks to have my new steed all built up.

I still can't believe you haven't ridden out here yet.

I'll tell you, if you have a 5" or 6" bike, it's more fun (minus maybe one or two trails). But a big bike can be just as fun.
Do you ever ride Joaquin Miller in Oakland?

wakeeater

Monkey
Jan 6, 2007
livermore ca
its sad you will prolly have this bike built before my bottlerocket is done :(

on a good note the br is almost done i just need a sram x.9 short cage, 8 speed cassete, and chainguide. ooo and a brake rotor. so you will have to show me around pretty soon

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Yeah, I'm 30 minutes from Yoo-See-Ess-See, so I'm out there more often than not. If I was 30 mins. from JM, I'd be there more often.

On a side note...

Ahhhh... Eff it. No more teaser pics. You guys are all my homies.

Here you go. And yes, this one is MINE:

Frame is done. Shock arrives on Monday. Jersey on Wednesday. Then Pawel at Zumbi ships her out.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yeah, I'm 30 minutes from Yoo-See-Ess-See, so I'm out there more often than not. If I was 30 mins. from JM, I'd be there more often.

On a side note...

Ahhhh... Eff it. No more teaser pics. You guys are all my homies.

Here you go. And yes, this one is MINE:

Frame is done. Shock arrives on Monday. Jersey on Wednesday. Then Pawel at Zumbi ships her out.
That's a good looking frame.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
what up with Polish bikes and their steep head angles?
nice looking bike Mike - why didn't you get the green one? sorry..I'm a sucker for green bikes :)

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Haha... Cuz' I just couldn't handle the green. All my little parts that I pulled from the 7point (headset, hubs, rims, handle bars, etc.) were red and black, so it just made sense. Especially when I slapped those Boxxer decals on my black Boxxer Team.

STEEP!?!?!

It's 66. That's not that steep. If it was an 8" bike, 65 would be more inline with what it needs. But it's 9". Once you're sitting on the bike it's almost like a V-10. I mean, with 9" of travel, the F44 will sag somewhere around 3.5"-4.5" inches. That'll slacken out the bit I think.

P.S. I'm going stir-crazy with all my parts strewn about.