Quantcast

Purple? Hells Yeah!

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
So I was tired of baby $hit brown:

It also needed new pivot bearings.

So it seemed like a good time to paint the demo.

Finished Result:

Its 10x more amazing in the sunlight in person, but you get the idea.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Looks like you changed a bunch of parts too. Call it the Joker. Did you paint it or did you have it done?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
The purple is great but I'd never mix it up with that toothpaste green. Should have gone yellow or blue or really anything else :P

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
love the frame...also not so keen on the green. i always thought a purple bike with chrome accents would be amazing

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow. i totally like it. nice overhaul on that one.

forget these other losers. the joker looks good

Cable43

Monkey
Oct 7, 2008
(Philly @ Heart)
your girlfriend/sister/mom is hot.
TOTALLY DISRESPECTFUL

It is perfectly fine to talk about someone's GF like that, even a sister is ok, and a mother is acceptable.

But when they are all wrapped up into one person.... you just leave it alone.

DECORUM gentleman. Decorum!
now BOT:
did you paint that purple pebble eater, or did you have it done?

Last edited:

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
haha thanks guys.

Yeah it could be the Hulk, Barney, the Joker, purple people eater, an eggplant, etc.
Whatever you like best.

My buddy and I painted it.

Oh and its girlfriend, she looks bad in that pic though.

All the "new" parts were already on there, I just didn't have any pics of the brown that were recent.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
it rocks would love to change my bike from white as its so last season and also looking a bit tired. I just need some ideas and some motivation.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
haha thanks guys.

Yeah it could be the Hulk, Barney, the Joker, purple people eater, an eggplant, etc.
Whatever you like best.

My buddy and I painted it.

Oh and its girlfriend, she looks bad in that pic though.
All the "new" parts were already on there, I just didn't have any pics of the brown that were recent.

I dig the green with the purple. Not one many would have thought to mix, Its unique

Now about that being a Not hot pic, you need to post up a "Hot pic" so we here at teh monkey can decide on our own

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Wassup with the big cassette?? 11-34 11-32??

Nice bike though, I like the changes you made and the color is rad... although it may hurt the resale value!

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
The chainstays are covered in 1/8" sticky backed EVA foam.

The Dorado kept blowing up on me, so after 6+ rebuilds I said F it. Rad part is the boxxer feels better right out of the box.

Haha no emo scenester here. I usually don't do flashy things but I figured what the hell.

Will try to dig up a pic of GF.

Lowering resale value? please....

Last edited:

bad andy

Chimp
Apr 14, 2003
Looks good. Maybe everyone above who doesn't like it can agree it's better than that original crazy doodoo brown fade.

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Just paint "Why so Serious" down the side and you've got the bike I want to use in my film vision of Batman 3: Zombie Joker. We're going to reanimate Heath, its going to be great.

Long as I have his undead ass around I also think I am going to make a zombie version of Broke Back Mountain...

Sorry, rambled there. Nice paint.