Quantcast

Push dhx piston!

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Recenly when i took apart the dhx, i started to look closely to the piston there are 9 big holes for the oil to flow in compression side....but only 3 really small holes whit poor oil access becausethe compression shims in the rebound face.
Soo i figured thats the reason because the shock packs up at high speed big suscessive bumps...:think:

Does anyone have a picture of the push custom piston?

Last edited:

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i would stay away from enlarging the holes on the rebound side, its really easy to fvck things up. damping is very non linear so a slight increase in hole size might end up as a large change in damping. worse bit is that its a permanent mod.

i would start by reducing the shims on the rebound shim stack. think there are about 2-3 of the same shim starting from the piston face, you can take one out and see how it goes. general rule of thumb is thinner shims make less difference and shims further away from the piston face make less difference too.

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
i would stay away from enlarging the holes on the rebound side, its really easy to fvck things up. damping is very non linear so a slight increase in hole size might end up as a large change in damping. worse bit is that its a permanent mod.

i would start by reducing the shims on the rebound shim stack. think there are about 2-3 of the same shim starting from the piston face, you can take one out and see how it goes. general rule of thumb is thinner shims make less difference and shims further away from the piston face make less difference too.
I wasn't thinking about enlargeing the holes, only porting the area where the oil gets into first, and maybe the channel.