Quantcast

push industries/shock question

BEAUster

Chimp
Sep 21, 2003
Boston, MA
im not good to good at explaining technical problems, so bear with me. also, maybe some of you push guys can help me out.

here's whats going on, i have a pushed fox rc on my 2002 gemini. it was originally set up for my dad, a 220 lb. rider, and his 01 bullit. i being 180 pounds with all my gear on. now, it doesn't feel like it is as smooth as it should be. it feels so rough going down fast technical rock sections. is there something i can do to fix this problem? maybe its because it's valved for 220 lbs? also, it has a 550 lb spring on it. my dad recently got his 5th element set up my progressive and says it's smooth as can be going down that kind of stuff. so im also thinking about getting an spv type shock. i know there are a few push guys on here, can you help me out?

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
Was the 550# spring what your dad was using? If so, you should get a lighter one for your weight. That in itself should make a huge diffference.
If you're still having trouble after that, you should be able to get the shock tuned to your weight for not to much $$$

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Leverage ratios, proper springs / rider weight, riding style and specific suspension characteristics are all things Push uses to custom tune your shock. You should start over and send it back to Push and have them tune it for you - you will be amazed. Make sure you're on the right spring first btw, so they get the right requirements.

BEAUster

Chimp
Sep 21, 2003
Boston, MA
thanks for the help guys, i think im going to send it back but it's going to cost 90 for a revalve.

what do you guys think about pushed fox's in comparison to other shocks such as the whole spv thing

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
BEAUster said:
thanks for the help guys, i think im going to send it back but it's going to cost 90 for a revalve.
Think of it this way, $90 is a bargain for a fully custom, worx-caliber shock.

I think the features Push offers, how they implement them, and their customer service has no equal.