Quantcast

Push shipping to Canada? FedEx or USPS?

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone have experience w FedEx shipping to Canada? I'm ordering a shock from Push, and for shipping to Canada they give the option of USPS or FedEx (brokerage included). Since brokerage is included, I'm tempted to go FedEx, for speed and simplicity. but i'm wondering if there are other hidden fees other than brokerage that will end up adding up later... oddly enough, both options cost almost the same (I think fedex is less than $5 more)

thanks

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
Fedex to Canada is really good!!

JensonUSA ships via Fedex and everytime Ive ordered, it arrives in 2 days or less. Thats from California to New-Brunswick.

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
fedex FTW

jensonusa ships fedex,it costs me 25,its here in 2 days,go-ride ships usps and it takes 2 weeks and its 50 bux

you pick

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
usps, FedEX or UPS will cost in brokerage and possibly duties. it took me almost 2 years to get credit for the 300 bucks charged thru ups for a bike repaint

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
either above option will cost in brokerage and possibly duties.
hmmm. I'm hoping that the "brokerage included" part means just that, and no extra charges will be applied. I'm also hoping that it sails through customs too, given that's usually a function included in brokerage (one can only dream, right?)

Eastern States Cup

Turbo Monkey
Feb 29, 2008
East Coast
Just edited my above post. I thought you were asking Fedex or UPS. USPS should sail right thru. keep the insurance low. The brokerage fee is for the third party to handle customs.

hmmm. I'm hoping that the "brokerage included" part means just that, and no extra charges will be applied. I'm also hoping that it sails through customs too, given that's usually a function included in brokerage (one can only dream, right?)

SofaKing

Chimp
Apr 12, 2006
Use FedEx. I have done two shocks from Push using FedEx and the price is to your door, no extra fees.

phycoref

Chimp
Oct 6, 2010
Canada
Never use UPS. UPS in Canada and in the US are 2 different companies so you get hit with big brokerage fees. For stuff coming from the states I normally just use USPS and it normally works fine.

ocelot

Monkey
Mar 8, 2009
Canadastan
I've only had something shipped to me through Fedex once so I can't really say much on it.
USPS/Candapost is pretty unpredictable. Sometimes you receive things extremely fast, other times it'll take a few weeks. Same thing applies to customs. I guess anything over 100$ is more likely to get taxed. But in general, you'll receive your stuff in a reasonable amount of time with USPS.