Quantcast

Push Upgrade question (between race and valve upgrade)

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
Will someone explain the difference (additional benefit) to the PUSH race upgrade as compared to the standard valving upgrade since it costs like ~40-50 more (can't remember quite how much)??

BlackDiamond

Chimp
Jan 25, 2004
Rancho Cucamonga CA
Platform Damping Upgrade:

1.Disassembly/Reassembly
2.Oil/Nitrogen
3.Complete O-Ring Kit
4.PUSH Vault Seal Housing
5.R-Glyde Liner Eyelet Bearings
6.PUSH Dual Stage Piston
7.Complete Re-Valve & Replacement Shims
8.PUSH "Zero Bleed" Piston Bolt
9.Top Out Spring

Vanilla RC Race System:

1.Disassembly/Reassembly
2.Oil/Nitrogen
3.Complete O-Ring Kit
4.PUSH Vault Seal Housing
5.R-Glyde Liner Eyelet Bearings
6.PUSH Dual Stage Piston
7.Complete Re-Valve & Replacement Shims
8.PUSH "Zero Bleed" Piston Bolt
9.Top Out Spring
10.Reservoir Valve & Replacement Shims

TCoop924

Monkey
Jul 29, 2002
WA
How do the reservoir valve and replacement shims change the feeling of the shock as compared to the regular valving upgrade?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by TCoop924
How do the reservoir valve and replacement shims change the feeling of the shock as compared to the regular valving upgrade?
It was explained to me by Darren of PUSH that it adds high/low speed rebound control.

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
While we are talking push industries:

I got my shock done full Race by Push. (it was due anyway)

So, what about set up for RCs ? Can we get a review or tutorial going here. I've never really had it explained to me proper like.

What I've done:

Choosing springs: I put the spring on by giving it like two full rotations w/ the collar. I sit on the bike and hopefully it compresses the spring through about 1/3 of the shafts total travel. (measured by the rubber stopper moving) I go higher/lower as needed. Running a 550# now

Rebound: I try to make it so I can hop OK. And so it doesn't feel like I hit the ejection button on drops...

Compression: I back it off. And leave it off. Maybe like a turn or two at most. Seems like all RC problems stem from compression being set too high... I've got a second RC for DH/Backup. It was modified by a guy who shuts the compression feature out 100%. But it rides great.

Hows that sound ?