Quantcast

Pushed Boxxer

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
I agree. This has been a very limited production item over the summer that has been mainly a "word of mouth" product that only a few people have been able to get their hands on. We've finally got a few extra in stock so I put it up on the site this afternoon to allow people to order it through our online automated system. Due to limited availability it may not be there for long unfortunately.

Darren
Any chance of MX tune in Australia via dirtworks?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Will the MX tune fit a Sunday and would you recommend it on a Sunday? My DHX is dead but I would like to back on the bike and plan to keep my Sunday for next year too.

Email sales too.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Any chance of MX tune in Australia via dirtworks?
Not as of yet as we don't have enough inventory to supply to them yet.

How much will the DIY cost?
Pricing information will be posted shortly on the site.

Will the MX tune fit a Sunday and would you recommend it on a Sunday? My DHX is dead but I would like to back on the bike and plan to keep my Sunday for next year too.
No fit on the Sunday. The reservoir bridge hits on the cross brace of the lower link. You could look at our Factory Tuning System for that application.

Darren

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I saw an RC4 on a Sunday at the FR #5 race last weekend. I didn't take a close look at it but I know the frame was modded to fit the shock. There might be hope for the MX tuned DHX but I wouln't expect Darren to take on the liability of suggesting frame mods.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
DW suggested the RC4 would fit on the frame unmodified when I previously asked about the 5th avalanche conversion. That would be an excellent option, but prices are a little too high...I'd rather have the psuedo-custom 5th or pushed DHX than shell out big bucks for what equates to a stock shock.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
I saw an RC4 on a Sunday at the FR #5 race last weekend. I didn't take a close look at it but I know the frame was modded to fit the shock. There might be hope for the MX tuned DHX but I wouln't expect Darren to take on the liability of suggesting frame mods.
Isn't there a link that BOS makes so their shock fits a sunday? The MX reservor looks close to the Stoy and RC4 in size/shape of the piggyback.

Here are some pictures of them on the same bike for compairison, if that guy got one to fit the others might fit.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
It's possible, but since I doubt BOS is selling their link without their shock, why would you buy the package and throw away the damper? Looks like it's a pro tune or naught.

mullet_dew

Monkey
Mar 22, 2009
Bellingham WA
It's possible, but since I doubt BOS is selling their link without their shock, why would you buy the package and throw away the damper? Looks like it's a pro tune or naught.
You could lie to them and say you are swiching your stoy to a Sunday and need the link, or tell them you bought it from your LBS or some other outlet.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
The RC4 does not fit in the Sunday without significant mods to the lower link. I've done it - you have to remove the front crossbrace on the link entirely, and grind the living f**k out of the rear one, as well as take the LSC knob off the shock. Clearance is still minimal... as in, my shock is still leaving visible marks in the link. It does have more control than the stock DHX but I actually found that the Elka works better still on the Sunday. You still have to do the same mods to get the Elka to fit however. Elka review will be up soon.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thank you for the update.

To me it sound more like a good Sunday tuned DHX will be fine plus I know exactly what I want out of it. Plus I have a Swinger that was tested at Iron Horse on the Sunday which actually works pretty too after I got a 250 spring maybe just a tad too slow in the rebound. I actually think I would gain more from a 2010/2011 upgrade to the new Boxxer.

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
I have said it several times in other posts, but I will repeat this again as it seems relevant...

The PUSH factory mod on my DHX made significant improvements in all aspects of the shock on my Sunday.

I had heard that some of the first gen tunes for the sunday were not quite 'on' but Darren assured me they could do what I was wanting, and that they had the sunday tune dialed (as of a year ago).

Money well spent IMO.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have said it several times in other posts, but I will repeat this again as it seems relevant...

The PUSH factory mod on my DHX made significant improvements in all aspects of the shock on my Sunday.

I had heard that some of the first gen tunes for the sunday were not quite 'on' but Darren assured me they could do what I was wanting, and that they had the sunday tune dialed (as of a year ago).

Money well spent IMO.
You are preaching to the converted. I have a thread bookmarked where you spell out what was wrong with you DHX and what input you gave Push and I totally agree with you. I don't even have the to think :thumb:

I have just spend my money else where this year since I had the Swinger.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The RC4 does not fit in the Sunday without significant mods to the lower link. I've done it - you have to remove the front crossbrace on the link entirely, and grind the living f**k out of the rear one, as well as take the LSC knob off the shock. Clearance is still minimal... as in, my shock is still leaving visible marks in the link. It does have more control than the stock DHX but I actually found that the Elka works better still on the Sunday. You still have to do the same mods to get the Elka to fit however. Elka review will be up soon.
Socket, you seem to have your hands elbow deep in most things suspension. Have you spent any time on an Avy tuned 5th or swinger? Those seem like the very cheapest way to go in order to get hi/lo compression adjustability as well as a custom tune. The PusheDHX is a tad cheaper, maybe, but you still don't get the adjustability.

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Socket, you seem to have your hands elbow deep in most things suspension. Have you spent any time on an Avy tuned 5th or swinger? Those seem like the very cheapest way to go in order to get hi/lo compression adjustability as well as a custom tune. The PusheDHX is a tad cheaper, maybe, but you still don't get the adjustability.
Nah, I haven`t. Avy stuff is pretty thin on the ground even here in Whistler (though I`d never know if a 5th/Swinger had been modded by them by glancing at it), and unless they feel like sending me one to test thoroughly then I'll probably never actually ride one "properly", since the whole custom-tuned thing means riding someone else's is likely to be a bit pointless. Unfortunately I'm not made of money so can't afford to be buying shocks left right and centre!

davep - what issues did you have with the DHX? My Sunday came with a DHX3.0 when I bought it and that thing was pretty hopeless, had bugger all compression damping even with the air pressure at max. The RC4 is better but still a bit light on, at least for my 90kg weight and riding style (or lack thereof).

Last edited:

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I was hesitant to post based on the HUGE delay that has gone on with this product, but I can assure you that we're not more than about a week out form having it on it's way to your home. Of course we will also be offering complete servicing/installation of the product for riders who don't feel comfortable doing it themselves.

Darren
Any news? This was over two weeks ago. I was planning on having mine inside my fork for the 'Ulmer Ultimatum' at Platty this weekend

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I just checked the Push website from Acadian's post and I think I have even more questions now.

Some of the text and the prices are clipped but I was able to read it all by copy/pasting it into a word file. What does the $139 price get you? Is that the DIY kit or is that the complete service performed by Push? What is included in the DIY kit? What is changed for the different weight ranges? I'm right at 190 before gear (hopefully dropping but that's going slow) and running an RC4 on a Revolt. I'll send them the same questions but I thought I'd post here since I'm sure others will have the same questions.

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I just checked some more on their site and found the service listed seperately under the service tab. The prices from Acadian's link are for the parts kit and it's another $250 for the labor.

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
I just adjusted the site slightly to hopefully be easier to read.

DIY Kit is $139
If you send your fork to us for complete installation and service it's $249. This includes both parts and labor.

The two costs don't get added together.

Darren

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
shoot....IE is cutting it off for some reason. I always use FireFox so I didn't catch it.

Looking into it now.

Darren

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I just adjusted the site slightly to hopefully be easier to read.

DIY Kit is $139
If you send your fork to us for complete installation and service it's $249. This includes both parts and labor.

The two costs don't get added together.

Darren
Darren,

Sorry if I'm reading into this too much, but is there any sort of tuning that goes into that $249? IE: shimstacks adjusted based on x factor. If I do the diy kit I'm not missing out on anything right? other than "Having a experienced PUSH Technician install your kit while also giving your fork a complete overhaul and inspection for wear".

Thanks,

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
shoot....IE is cutting it off for some reason. I always use FireFox so I didn't catch it.

Looking into it now.

Darren
When I could not see the price in IE, I opened up safari and it works in there as well.
The DIY kit looks good and the price is spot on as well.
I am assuming the kit comes with detailed instructions for a :homer: like mechanic.;)

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Okay....good to go now with IE. Whew.

The DIY kit comes setup based on your rider weight, riding style, and year/make/model of frame that you select at checkout when ordering. We're offering the installs as well because we know not everyone will be comfortable doing it. You don't miss out on anything with the DIY kit. We will also be offering tuning shim packs for people that like to tinker.

The instructions for the kit will be up under the support tab later today. The spare parts list is already there.

Darren

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Darren,

Thanks for the info!

After looking at the spare parts list is it safe to say that the DIY kit is going to require us to install those parts on the existing rebound rod?

The reason I am asking is because I was going to do the DIY kit but my current rebound adjuster works it's way back to full fast after 30 seconds on a rough trail. It is not stripped, everything still works, there is just not enough resistance on the adjuster to keep it in place.
I see you say (Apply Loctite 266 (Red) to thread), will that solve my problem during the rebuild? Or is the stock compression spring most likely shot on my setup?

Thanks

Compression Mid-Valve which increases support to reduce the “porpoise” effect during multiple deep stroke impacts as well as increasing the damper’s response during high frequency events.

I'm confused as to what this means. The kit looks like a complete replacement of the rebound assembly, but no change to the MoCo Compression cart.

Anyone know how the compression is modified.

Also what the hell is the “porpoise” effect

Thanks,

JT

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Prototype versions of the kit included both rebound and compression units.

From the looks of what I posted a few pages back the compression unit simply drops right in like the stock moco unit.

I'm not going to take a stab at giving a definition of the porpoise effect. My best guess is that the fork will sit a bit higher and offer more control now for larger consecutive hits.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Also what the hell is the &#8220;porpoise&#8221; effect

Thanks,

JT
Pretty much the opposite of a fork packing up. If you run too little rebound damping it can cause the front end to 'porpoise' / snap back. During multiple hits i'm sure you can visualize the effect. I'm sure Daren could expound more.

Thanks for the responses guys.

From what I see on the Push site (pics and description) there is no compression assembly included in the kit, just the rebound assembly. So basically just a boxxer version of the pike et al rebound kit which as been available for a while now.

The pricing would suggest this too as €139 would indeed be too good to be true for new rebound and compression circuits.

I'm still confused as to the reference to "compression mid-Valve" though, perhaps I'm missing something significant, or something that is not included in the pics.

In my understanding the only way to get any compression changes is in the MoCo cart or through an alternative compression assembly.

JT

Jason4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
Bellingham
I just ordered the DIY kit. It might make it into my fork by this weekend and I can give some feedback if I get a chance to ride.

timo12

Chimp
Mar 29, 2008
on the other side of the rebound piston you can add shims for a mid-speed compression control. has nothing to do with the moco!