Quantcast

Pushed Roco

Oct 14, 2007
Let's not forget that Darren is modest in his posts and the big suspension companies send their proto stuff to him to help them get it dialed.

Because of my Pushed shock, my fork can't keep up!

I literally buy suspension based off of what Push is offering upgrades on. Roco WC= Factory Race System with Roost Valve.
Hopefully the big named suspension companies will uplift their void on the warranty after the shock is being pushed....I would think that push industries' main goal, would be to work on the trails with pro riders...any possibilities of that happening?

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Hopefully the big named suspension companies will uplift their void on the warranty after the shock is being pushed....I would think that push industries' main goal, would be to work on the trails with pro riders...any possibilities of that happening?
PUSH modifys more than just the valving in the fork- To my understanding, they actually drill into the lowers to fit new bushings with tighter tolerances. Why should the manufacturer have to cover anything under warrenty if this is the case? Having been on the benefiting end of several warrenty issues, I won't be giving that up any time soon to hear the "your fork's not welcome at our tent" treatment that I've seen before.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
not sure about bushings, but they modify fox forks so they can use rock shocks seals, dust seals + oil seals.

weird how this wc mechanic my friends met in the alps does the opposite, puts fox 32 seals on boxxers.

buna is a type of material o rings are made of.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
so what is really is "buna material"?
Buna-N is a type of rubber, also known as Nitrile. Seals can be made in any variety of rubbers and plastics, much like frames can be made from different metals with different properties.

Buna is inexpensive, can be used with a broad range of fluids, and has decent mechanical properties. Urethane is mechanically very strong, durable and doesn't compress, which generally means you can run it with less preload and get equal sealing. Have you ever heard of folks replacing the "rubber" bushings on their cars with "poly" bushings? Same thing as replacing buna with urethane.

Here's a chart with some of the different materials available. Some are listed by type, others by trade name: http://www.marcorubber.com/material_chart.htm

Last edited:

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
yep it means the seal doesn't have to be as tight on the shaft of the shock to achieve the same seal. Obviously Urethane is more expensive but gives an equal seal with less pressure on the shaft of the shock. This will lead to a plusher more suple shock as there is less stiction. Fox Marzocchi etc when making thousands of shocks the cost difference makes a huge difference to there bottom line so it makes sense for them to use a Buna seal.

Darren do you guys offer any upgrade service for a boxxer world cup?

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle

No they do not at this time(for the public). The boxxer (as well as Lyric and totem, Vivid, etc, etc) tuning has been in the works for a LONG time. IIRC it was as much as a year ago when these tunes were to be available 'soon'.

Very happy with the work Push has done for me, but I certainly would not be holding my breath for anything that is 'in the works'....

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
To my understanding, they actually drill into the lowers to fit new bushings with tighter tolerances.
We definitely don't drill into the stock FOX lowers. The stock lowers are precision machined to a depth to seat the stock seal/wiper. In order to install the Rock Shox separate oil seal and wiper kits we machine the seal seat slightly deeper but to the same specification.

Why should the manufacturer have to cover anything under warrenty if this is the case? Having been on the benefiting end of several warrenty issues, I won't be giving that up any time soon to hear the "your fork's not welcome at our tent" treatment that I've seen before.
We have an agreement with both FOX and Rock Shox to handle our own warranty issues. As for support at the truck, FOX usually does not work on forks that we've tuned but RS will.

No they do not at this time(for the public). The boxxer (as well as Lyric and totem, Vivid, etc, etc) tuning has been in the works for a LONG time. IIRC it was as much as a year ago when these tunes were to be available 'soon'.

Very happy with the work Push has done for me, but I certainly would not be holding my breath for anything that is 'in the works'....
It is true that we've taken longer than we would've liked, but we've been testing several different tuning approaches. It hopefully won't be long now as the version we're now riding was made using production tooling...

Attachments

Last edited:

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
what about the rumor of you guys using Rock Shox seals for Fox forks?
?? not a rumor. Darren Just told you what they do to fit RS seals/wipers in the fox forks....

Darren, I was inder the impression that the boxxer (and Lyric and totem) mods were just a shimmed rebound assembly to replace the ported one......not a new comp assembly as well....nice

Last edited:

PUSHIND

PUSH Industries (Duh)
Dec 5, 2003
Colorado
Darren, I was inder the impression that the boxxer (and Lyric and totem) mods were just a shimmed rebound assembly to replace the ported one......not a new comp assembly as well....nice
There will be different levels of service/tuning starting with Basic Rebuild, Factory Fork System, and then Factory Race System which will include the replacement compression unit shown.

Darren

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
This is all good news especially since boss are no longer making the kit for the boxxers. Any idea of a time frame for this being available or is it to early to comment.