Quantcast

Pyramid schemes and religious solicitation.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
In general, the folks that stop by have locked minds - they wish to broadcast, not converse. I don't like 'em for the same reasons I don't like other advertising.
Fair enough. I don't particularly like it either or the way that most people carry it out. I have just noticed that some people get really angry about it. I was never told when I came into this world that I had a right never to be bothered by someone I didn't want to talk to or that strangers would never ring my doorbell. I try to come to a certain resigned peace with those people.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Had a Witness come up to me at the bus stop this morning. I had just missed my bus by about 2 minutes (next one that I can take would come in about 5...) and I was the only one there for the time being. Older guy walks up and starts in with the whole, "whooo boy...the world today!!" schpiel. Mentions some dude getting hit by a bus...the Hudson plane landing...etc.

Dude: "You ever think that fate, destiny, some higher power plays into whats going on with everything these days??"

Me: "Not in the slightest."

Dude: "That's GREAT!!"

Me: "Uh...what?"

Dude: "I've got this powerful book here for you."

Me: "I've already read it."

At this point he turns and walks away...

He totally walked away before I could take out my frustration on having my morning cup o' coffee interrupted...not cool. :p

Religious peddling is definitely getting more pervasive in my neighborhood. It used to be one or two groups of Mormons every 5-6 months...So far this year, there have been 3 separate groups of Mormons along with 2 or 3 Witnesses going door to door.

:monkeydance:

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Had a Witness come up to me at the bus stop this morning. I had just missed my bus by about 2 minutes (next one that I can take would come in about 5...) and I was the only one there for the time being. Older guy walks up and starts in with the whole, "whooo boy...the world today!!" schpiel. Mentions some dude getting hit by a bus...the Hudson plane landing...etc.

Dude: "You ever think that fate, destiny, some higher power plays into whats going on with everything these days??"

Me: "Not in the slightest."

Me: "Uh...what?"

Dude: "I've got this powerful book here for you."

Me: "I've already read it."

At this point he turns and walks away...

He totally walked away before I could take out my frustration on having my morning cup o' coffee interrupted...not cool. :p

Religious peddling is definitely getting more pervasive in my neighborhood. It used to be one or two groups of Mormons every 5-6 months...So far this year, there have been 3 separate groups of Mormons along with 2 or 3 Witnesses going door to door.

:monkeydance:

Ha, it's funny that the guy didn't even listen to you, just like my experience with the pyramid scheme when I told him I wasn't interested.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Tony the Tiger is a mormon recruiter in your neck of the woods? :shocked:
Technically a Witness ....but sure...

If he had a little more inflection in his voice and pointed to the sky when he said it, he would've been a dead ringer for the role.

Plus I would've prolly bought frosted flakes from him...but he was religious...and not in the "I've got drugs" kinda way...