Quantcast

Q on scott voltage

Oct 11, 2010
Voltage YZ TMO vs. Voltage YZ 0.1
http://www.scott-sports.com/us_en/product/10041/55674/217972

anyone know how much longer the chainstay is on the .1 vs the TMO?
i like the way the geometry looks on the TMO, but cant swing the 1500 price tag, why do they switch up the geo AND downgrade the parts for the .1? id be stoked on the .1 and be fine upgrading some parts down the road but i dont want the longer Chain stay.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
i dig the 24, but since its a junior, are the wheels gonna hold up? Its not gonna crap on me will it?
It is in the Junior section because the sales people wanted it there. It was designed as an adult bike. They are Alex DM-22 rims. The complete is very cheap from what I remember.

I have ridden one a little bit and it was sick. It has a 420mm a2c fork with a 3" rise bar. I think I am going to set up mine with a suspension fork and a lower bar. I have the frame only but haven't built it up yet.

Oct 11, 2010
i ended up getting the .1 and i dig it. only issue im having is that I cant get the chain dialed in, i dont think tensioners will fit on it and the chain is wacking on the bottom of the cs pretty good. get a half link chain so i can slam it a little more or am i just being an idiot?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
i ended up getting the .1 and i dig it. only issue im having is that I cant get the chain dialed in, i dont think tensioners will fit on it and the chain is wacking on the bottom of the cs pretty good. get a half link chain so i can slam it a little more or am i just being an idiot?
Get a half link to get the CS shorter.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34985

Some chain tugs like this should work. If the chain still slaps then get a small piece of sticky velcro to deaden the sound where it is hitting.

Oct 11, 2010
Get a half link to get the CS shorter.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34985

Some chain tugs like this should work. If the chain still slaps then get a small piece of sticky velcro to deaden the sound where it is hitting.
can I just get the one link, or do i need the entire halflink chain?

after riding today i definitely need a tensioner, and experience with that one? I know the real basic one I tried didnt fit.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
can I just get the one link, or do i need the entire halflink chain?

after riding today i definitely need a tensioner, and experience with that one? I know the real basic one I tried didnt fit.
People sometimes just run one or two links. I have never done that when I run a half link I run the whole chain.

Are you sure you tightened the axle nuts on the rear hub enough? Is it from the brake side that is causing the slipping? Which side is the tire touching on the chainstays?

Oct 11, 2010
People sometimes just run one or two links. I have never done that when I run a half link I run the whole chain.

Are you sure you tightened the axle nuts on the rear hub enough? Is it from the brake side that is causing the slipping? Which side is the tire touching on the chainstays?
I might just try running a couple links before I buy a whole new chain.

The tire isnt hitting the CS, I cant keep enough tension in the chain to keep the chain from hitting the top and bottom of the chainstay. I even went to another shop to have them tighten it just to make sure im not just an idiot...and the same thing happened haha.

I contacted scott and they recommended a similar chain tensioner, and the guy also suggested electrical taping an old tube around the CS. He said he has the same bike, and has the same issues with the Chain.

So it looks like im just gonna order that tensioner and some half links and see what i can get done!

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
I might just try running a couple links before I buy a whole new chain.

The tire isnt hitting the CS, I cant keep enough tension in the chain to keep the chain from hitting the top and bottom of the chainstay. I even went to another shop to have them tighten it just to make sure im not just an idiot...and the same thing happened haha.

I contacted scott and they recommended a similar chain tensioner, and the guy also suggested electrical taping an old tube around the CS. He said he has the same bike, and has the same issues with the Chain.

So it looks like im just gonna order that tensioner and some half links and see what i can get done!
Use the soft side of self sticking velcro to deaden the noise on the spot where the chain hits. It should be only a small spot. I built up a 24" versin last night but I ran MTB cranks and with the 32T chain ring it doesn't hit. Can you get your chain tight enough?

Oct 11, 2010
Use the soft side of self sticking velcro to deaden the noise on the spot where the chain hits. It should be only a small spot. I built up a 24" versin last night but I ran MTB cranks and with the 32T chain ring it doesn't hit. Can you get your chain tight enough?
did you use a tensioner? maybe the extra CS length makes it hit. because ive had 2 different bike mechanics mess with it, as well as myself (id like to think im not totally incompetent) and it still ends up hitting after I ride a bit.

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
did you use a tensioner? maybe the extra CS length makes it hit. because ive had 2 different bike mechanics mess with it, as well as myself (id like to think im not totally incompetent) and it still ends up hitting after I ride a bit.
I think the CS is tall and the gearing is small. If my chain is not tight it hits sometimes. I don't have a tensioner but my hub has big nuts that tighten very well. Can you put up a photo?