Quantcast

Quastion about DH40R forks

iljicS

Monkey
May 30, 2003
Budapest, HU
It seems my next fork will be a '06 FOX DH40R, I know the only differences between the R and RC2 modell is the external low/high speed compression adjuster, my question is: has the R inner adjusters or it's not possible to adjust the compression on R modells ?

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
i have the R model and you control compression with the correct spring for your weight the externally adjustable pre-load knob. it works too. I love my 40R.

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
I believe the 2006 fox 40 only comes in the rc2 version. I don't see an r model at the fox site nor any retail sites.

DIRTWRKS

Monkey
Aug 13, 2003
Canada EH !
I have a 40R and there is no way that you can adjust compression, however my local service center tells me that some internal adjustments can be made to up the compression and make the fork feel more progressive, I have not found the need to that just yet and I am using the original Ti spring.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Controlling spring rate is NOT controlling compression damping...big difference there.

The service center is talking about the large cone adjuster at the bottom of the fork. It is used to control overall damping feeling and bottom out.

mijnnewt

Chimp
Sep 11, 2005
The Netherlands
the preload and rebound can be changed, but compression cannot be changed with the DH40. I own a RC2, I like the lowspeeds compression alot. It keeps the fork from diving. Fast-speed i didn't change at all.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
You could adjust the compression with oil weight. The shiver only has adjustable rebound and preload. I just ran 10wt oil and backed the rebound out.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
buildyourown said:
You could adjust the compression with oil weight. The shiver only has adjustable rebound and preload. I just ran 10wt oil and backed the rebound out.
Anything other then stock fox oil (about 7wt) will void the warranty. It is NOT made to be changed.