Quantcast

Question about paid holidays

J

JRB

Sagus does. We also close on the 23rd of Dec and come back on Jan 3. My last job had me resetting telxon machines for bad convenience store clerks on any holiday. Yup - that included Christmas.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man we don't have get it... we only get one day for Christmas too.
I only get 2 weeks paid vacation a year too.....

J

JRB

stosh said:

With sentence building skills like that, you shouldn't get Christmas off. ;)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
We're open for business, but I am using a personal day. No complaints from me though. I get a ton of time off (35 days) and feel very fortunate for it.

I offered to work if it would mean some staff members could take the day off, but it looks like the department is all set for coverage.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
I would just kill myself if I were you.

The best thing about being a teacher (when I get outta school) is getting ALL SUMMER OFF and long ass christmas breaks.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
loco-gringo said:
With sentence building skills like that, you shouldn't get Christmas off. ;)
Working here has nothing to do with improving my sentence writing skills.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:

The best thing about being a teacher (when I get outta school) is getting ALL SUMMER OFF and long ass christmas breaks.

I fear for the youth of America now. What will you teach?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BurlyShirley said:

I often kick myself for not becoming a teacher.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:

The worst part is the kids, my GF's a teacher and the Holidays are great... but man the kids can suck on a daily basis.....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Echo said:
I often kick myself for not becoming a teacher.
Yeah, the money isnt great. But I plan on starting a construction co. (comprised of myself and my dad) and building one nice house a summer and selling it. Land is cheap down here, so I think this will work out very well for money.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
The worst part is the kids, my GF's a teacher and the Holidays are great... but man the kids can suck on a daily basis.....
Man, women teachers must have it bad. I always pushed them as a kid. But I plan on being the former Marine half-crazy guy who once beat the crap out of a kid behind the gymnasium because he chewed gum or some crap. Not that I'd actually do that, but I might start the rumor.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I havent had a thanksgiving off in 6 years. according to our shedule thur & fri. are both "holidays".

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Man, women teachers must have it bad. I always pushed them as a kid. But I plan on being the former Marine half-crazy guy who once beat the crap out of a kid behind the gymnasium because he chewed gum or some crap. Not that I'd actually do that, but I might start the rumor.
My GF has more lower income students. Some of the parents name there kids after liquor now like Hennese and Alize.

so what are ya gonna teach?

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Technically, our office is closed... but if you don't take a vacation day, you have to work. :think: We had a floater on election day, so most people are using that for the Friday after thanksgiving.

Our office is also closed the week between christmas and new year's - we have to take vacation days then too...

Our union has negotiated with the state to give us the option of taking summers off. While the time off is very appealing, they would pro-rate my pay, which isn't as appealing. If I were single, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but...

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
My GF has more lower income students. Some of the parents name there kids after liquor now like Hennese and Alize.

English. Seems what Im good at. Plus I like to read alot.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
they gave us the friday off but stole columbus day.

so burly, w/ all the time off during the summer, you'll be working building houses during that time? and this is better than a full-time job how?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
narlus said:
they gave us the friday off but stole columbus day.

so burly, w/ all the time off during the summer, you'll be working building houses during that time? and this is better than a full-time job how?
Cause its my company at my own pace. I dont need the money and I enjoy the hell out of building stuff, but I hate construction bosses who are idiots. It does not take that long to build a house anyway.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
Cause its my company at my own pace. I dont need the money and I enjoy the hell out of building stuff, but I hate construction bosses who are idiots. It does not take that long to build a house anyway.
Just framing?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
Just framing?
No, I pretty much know how to do everything, minus some electrical stuff (that's where my dad comes in) I plan to hire a few migrant workers here and there if I need to hurry for some reason.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
stosh said:
you can us Loco as an advisor.
Loco gringo knows as much about enlgish as you know about taking pictures of hot girls at parties.
He tries to act like a grammar nazi or whatever, as if people care on this site, yet he makes the mistakes himself. Whatever. He's still on my ignore list.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
stosh said:

I went to school with sisters named Champagne & Margaritta.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
Loco gringo knows as much about enlgish as you know about taking pictures of hot girls at parties.
He tries to act like a grammar nazi or whatever, as if people care on this site, yet he makes the mistakes himself. Whatever. He's still on my ignore list.

I don't really care for BS either.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
BurlyShirley said:
No, I pretty much know how to do everything, minus some electrical stuff (that's where my dad comes in) I plan to hire a few migrant workers here and there if I need to hurry for some reason.
I should come down and help ya out... to bad I work the summer...

I used to work on a framing crew. I like it but man back breaking sometimes!!! Nothing like handing 50 sheets of 3/4" T&G up to the second floor.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
TN said:
I went to school with sisters named Champagne & Margaritta.
Man everytime I hear she has a new student with a liquor name I laugh.