Quantcast

question about some trails....

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
i noticed the last few times i have been to diablo that flatliner has been closed. anyone know the reason and will it reopen ?

also.... i thought that indy corse was gonna be open for people to ride. it was closed today

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
They're still working on Flatliner. As of now, you don't want to ride it. It might be the worst trail on the mountain. Very boring, and you have to pedal at some parts.

As far as IndyCross goes, Diablo said in another thread that they're working on finishing it this week. The course is to be extended to the base area, so it'll be closed while that work is being done.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
WTF is with people complaining about pedaling up tiny hills? Yes that hill up to Tempest is tiny, I usually ride it until late in the day when I just don't feel like it anymore. Bikes have pedals for a reason. There were some hills equal to that or bigger at Whistler, and more of them, but I didn't hear anyone complaining. And oh yeah, lift tickets are $50 at Whistler, and you either have to fly or drive 3 days to get there.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
WTF is with people complaining about pedaling up tiny hills? Yes that hill up to Tempest is tiny, I usually ride it until late in the day when I just don't feel like it anymore. Bikes have pedals for a reason. There were some hills equal to that or bigger at Whistler, and more of them, but I didn't hear anyone complaining. And oh yeah, lift tickets are $50 at Whistler, and you either have to fly or drive 3 days to get there.
I am not complaining about pedaling up to tempest. So what if you have to, it's a sick trail. I'm just saying I hope it stays to a minimum. I go to diablo obviously because I like it so much, but I also pay a big price for it to. Maybe your right, I was probably asking to much. After all, diablo is a great mountain.

Also, I hope and am thinking up making a trip up to whistler next summer, but I hear it runs around $1,500 with all commodities provided and a cheap hotel, plus the cost of your components breaking, which there is a good chance of that happening since you are riding on them so hard.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Its called DOWNhill for a reason.

Drive 3 days? takes me 3ish hrs from Bellingham, dunno what road you're taking.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I'm just saying, the entire point of diablo is that they're DOWNHILL trails. I get to ride twice a month and I've chosen to ride at diablo those days. I'm not complaining about the fact that you have to pedal on flatliner. I'm just not going to ride that trail now that I know that.

I don't care as much about the climb up to the north side because there are so many good runs from there.

Again, anyone who wants to pedal, be my guest. I'll continue to be amused that the fact that I don't want to climb on my dh bike somehow upsets you.

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
who said you have to pedal ? you can walk cant you ? :-)and im pretty sure you have to pedal a little when you get of the lift. thats beat. the trails should be right when you get of the lift. you should be able to ride diablo without a chain. HAHAHA. some of you people are funny

o yeah, and i drive 2 hours to get there and i have no complaints. i also only have one bike that i ride everywhere so maybe im used to it. i hate to pedal so i usually walk cauze i to lazy for that .but thats how i roll. haha

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
You mean FREERIDE trails. They stopped making downhill trails a year or so ago.
and they have been taking them away. i have realized that there is not much of a use for a dh bike at diablo anymore. you could easily get away with a longer travel slopestyle bike

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yes joey i know its factory.

id really hate to see some of you guys race.... complaining about pedaling and all. dont you guys like to go fast? you have to pedal to go fast. :biggrin:

Ironjunk

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Complaining about pedalling......They have pedals for a reason. It's not just an amusment park ride where you just ride down the hill. It takes skills, pedalling is one of them. Anyone can buy a bike, you can't buy skill and stamina. Pedal up those hills!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
yes joey i know its factory.

id really hate to see some of you guys race.... complaining about pedaling and all. dont you guys like to go fast? you have to pedal to go fast. :biggrin:
if i pedaled nobody would have a chance. Which leads to my humble riding theme of being short and low to the ground unlike you tall people that are so smug being all like o look how tall i am. Next Race i am going to race chainless with a cinder block on my back. Ill beat the whole facility.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Well, I already have plenty of fun at diablo every time I go, without pedaling up anything. Right now I have no desire to race, and I'm perfectly fine with just progressing at my own pace.

So if it's alright with you guys, I'm just going to keep doing things the way I've been doing them.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Well, I already have plenty of fun at diablo every time I go, without pedaling up anything. Right now I have no desire to race, and I'm perfectly fine with just progressing at my own pace.

So if it's alright with you guys, I'm just going to keep doing things the way I've been doing them.
permission granted i might have to check with the board members just to be safe. the committee was fine with it though.

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
They have pedals for a reason.
1) to keep your b@lls off of the seat.
2) somewhere to put your feet.
2 1/2) you go faster when your feet aren't dragging.
3) they don't make steel toe riding shoes yet.

It's like the derailleur riddle. Why do DH bikes have rear derailleurs?
To keep the chain from slapping.

What's the purpose of the chain?
To keep tension on the derailleur.
:happydance: EC

Hoopde13

Chimp
Jul 12, 2008
annapolis,MD
Yea forget pushing thats for people in shape. they need seats on the lift also I don't like standing for the 5 minutes it take to get to the top. I pay 36 dollars to stand thats terrible I guess I will continue to make the 5 hour one way trip to ride.

phloedix

Chimp
May 8, 2008
TRENTON
i heard you had to pedal from the car to the lift. is that true? ill never go there if thats true :nopity:

this thread got funny

trebor

Chimp
Aug 23, 2008
hah, atleast you guys actually HAVE lift assist stuff. I'm in louisville, ky, and there is nothing around here but 5-6 hour drives to michigan, WV, and down south. We have Ft duffield.... 3/4 mile of freeride, but it's basically like climbing a mountain back up (unless you ride up the trail, but you get dirty looks sometimes). I have to pedal my coilair around the XC trails, it's really not that bad... I think you guys may be a little out of shape ;)

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
hah, atleast you guys actually HAVE lift assist stuff. I'm in louisville, ky, and there is nothing around here but 5-6 hour drives to michigan, WV, and down south. We have Ft duffield.... 3/4 mile of freeride, but it's basically like climbing a mountain back up (unless you ride up the trail, but you get dirty looks sometimes). I have to pedal my coilair around the XC trails, it's really not that bad... I think you guys may be a little out of shape ;)
A little? The elevator was out today, so I walked up - good thing I have a defibrillator.

When I cut myself, I bleed cheese...