Quantcast

Question about this weekend

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
So I'm finally going to be able to get up to Diablo this weekend (first time since the first weekend of August. I can ride one day, since I have to be at work for the other day.

My question is: Which day will be better to ride? I know that 48 straight is gonna be in full effect on Saturday, but is that going to affect the trails? As far as I can tell, the 48straight races will be taking place on the DS and IndyCross courses, and not on the regular FR/DH trails.

I know the park will be less crowded on Sunday, but I also know that there's a Domination Series race on Sunday and the race course covers some of the trails that I want to ride this weekend for the first time (namely, asylum, RTN), and some other trails i want to try again now that I FINALLY have a DH bike (lower ripper, Victory), all of which will be unavailable because they're part of or affected by the race course.

So basically my question is...which day this weekend will have the least limited access to trails? Saturday, or Sunday?

I'm really hoping that Shawn or whoever posts as "diablo freeride park" on here can shed some light on this. I'm sure that others who are coming up for the weekend would like to know as well.

Sorry if this seems like something silly to make an entire thread about, but I get up to the mountain so rarely these days because of work that I need to make the most out of the time that I have there.

Thanks!

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
So I'm finally going to be able to get up to Diablo this weekend (first time since the first weekend of August. I can ride one day, since I have to be at work for the other day.

My question is: Which day will be better to ride? I know that 48 straight is gonna be in full effect on Saturday, but is that going to affect the trails? As far as I can tell, the 48straight races will be taking place on the DS and IndyCross courses, and not on the regular FR/DH trails.

I know the park will be less crowded on Sunday, but I also know that there's a Domination Series race on Sunday and the race course covers some of the trails that I want to ride this weekend for the first time (namely, asylum, RTN), and some other trails i want to try again now that I FINALLY have a DH bike (lower ripper, Victory), all of which will be unavailable because they're part of or affected by the race course.

So basically my question is...which day this weekend will have the least limited access to trails? Saturday, or Sunday?

I'm really hoping that Shawn or whoever posts as "diablo freeride park" on here can shed some light on this. I'm sure that others who are coming up for the weekend would like to know as well.

Sorry if this seems like something silly to make an entire thread about, but I get up to the mountain so rarely these days because of work that I need to make the most out of the time that I have there.

Thanks!
Good questions..

You are correct. 48 Straight and IndyCross will have no impact on the "regular" trails. The Domination Race will take place on Retreat / Asylum / Crap Chute / and the very end of Ripper. Saturday will be the best day to freeride if you are interested in riding any of those trails, just please yield to any racers that are practicing for the race.

Saturday seems like the best choice... Freeriding, hit-up the IndyCross course for a "fun" FREE race, watch the pros shred the DS course in-between runs, then hit-up the BEER garden! Going to be a fun weekend!

http://48straight.com/sports/nj.php