Quantcast

Question abut suplaments

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
What do some of you use? I just got a box of Myoplex. A frend of mine that is geting certifyed as a personal traner tolde me to use it. I have to drop 20lb this winter.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Pulser955
What do some of you use? I just got a box of Myoplex. A frend of mine that is geting certifyed as a personal traner tolde me to use it. I have to drop 20lb this winter.
I would recommend CLA (conjugated linoeic acid)...but make sure you do the research first....oh and by the way it's spelled "supplements";)

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Back when I was lifting I was taking Kaizen Creatin and Primo Max whey protein, which is some generic grand that actually tastes pretty decent. A lot of magazines and people will pimp this stuff called Nitrotech...it works alright but it brags that it has some special nitrates or some stuff like that...I stopped taking supplements two years ago. But Kaizen's Creatin had the same nitrates(?) in it so dropping a lot of money on a "name brand" whey protein is wasted. I tried to also stay mostly natural. I got most my protein from tuna.....I mixed tuna with salads and almost everything I ate. I put on 25 pounds muscle density in 6 months.

Oh and like BMXman said do your own research. Muscle mags these days are nothing more than product placement pimps and skin mags. To get ideas on excersizes, Arnold Sshwarzenneegar's(sp?) Encyclopedia of Body Building is a great book to learn different excersizes. And don't overlook alternative techniques. Pilates is really popular now. Plyometrics was a favorite of my rugby coach to build endurance and explosiveness. I personally recommend taking up martial arts....not some Tae-bo S#it but Muy Thai (Thai Boxing) is VERY aerobic and you can build lower body strength and endurance very well. Plus learning martial arts is a whole lot more fun than being a gym rat.

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
I cut wheat products out of my diet. Bread, Pasta, etc. I dropped 5lbs. in two weeks, without starving myself. No it's not the Atkins diet, I just kept reading how bad wheat is for women. Makes you sluggish,prevents you from shedding weight...........I'm sure it would apply to guys as well. Echo did the same thing and he dropped a bunch of weight. For the Holiday I ate like a savage, and didin't put any of the weight back on.

I also use whey protien to supplement my diet. I started lifting weights, to avoid biking injuries caused by the aging process.:rolleyes: I also down some Pro-Endorphin every day. It's like a big nasty tasting alka-seltzer. It's full of anti-oxidants and vitamins and gives ya a boost. When I take it before rides, I feel great. Helps with my concentration.

Bottom line is - that I feel a whole lot better with the changes I've made to my diet. I was a total bread and pasta girl, it was hard the first week, but now it's easy. Especially due to the fact that I have felt better from doing it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Originally posted by Pulser955
I use protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Pro Complex), protein bars, multi-vitamins, and creatine (I cycle creatine, so I am usually on it for half the year).

I lift weights four times a week.

zibbler

Monkey
Originally posted by Mtbkngrl
I cut wheat products out of my diet. Bread, Pasta, etc. I dropped 5lbs. in two weeks, without starving myself. No it's not the Atkins diet, I just kept reading how bad wheat is for women. Makes you sluggish,prevents you from shedding weight...........
I'm allergic to wheat. Well, actually I'm allergic to most grains except rice and oats, but wheat is the worst offender for me. That's why I don't drink beer very often. Unfortunately, there is wheat in a lot of things. I've really learned to be a label reader.