Quantcast

question for diablo veterans...

bigboy

Chimp
Oct 20, 2005
i've ridden diablo a dozen or so times in the last few years. at that point i rode a yeti as-x that was pretty burly..

now my question,

i just sold the yeti and replaced it with a 2007 specialized enduro pro. from your guys expirences, how do you think a fox dhx 5.0 air shock will hold up to the rigors of diablo? i am a bigger rider. 5' 11" 200+lbs. i've hit most of the drops there, only one i haven't tried yet is rtn... should i expect this shock to blow into a million pieces...?

i'm making my first trip down there within the next few weeks. so regardless i guess i'll find out for myself, i was just wondering if anyone had tried or rides an air shock there...

davidt

Monkey
May 13, 2007
yes, i think the air will hold up fine, as long as you're not doing drops like Anthem, and the 6" progression, i think you're be find....

Go Ride...

Make Trails Not War!

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
dhx air shocks are sweet. i road a marin quake on my trip back to cal. to ride with those pycho's and hit a 15 foot drop to a decent tranny and it felt great. don';t worry about it. dave i see you learned how to spell again

nano5467

Chimp
Jun 20, 2007
yes, i think the air will hold up fine, as long as you're not doing drops like Anthem, and the 6" progression, i think you're be find....

Go Ride...

Make Trails Not War!
Wheres the 6" progresson? Think you mean 6' :bonk:

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
seriously don't worry about any of the drops at diablo. i no a kid from norcal who's just plain sick and he did a crazy sketchy 25 footer on the quake i was using and didn't even bottom it out. then he proceeded to nfcc the drop. damn norcal 13 year olds

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
well i dont think it will hold up at all! how about you trade me your air shock for my 5.0 coil? lol jk an air shock will hold up fine i have a friend that had an air shock and he loved it and it held up fine on everything
yo i got a question for you. can you take pictures of your sister getting out of the shower and send them to us. thanks man

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
greetings from cali and giantcocksuckers sister, the dhx air gets really hot. i know a lot of people who have tried it and sold it for a dhx5 coil. just get the coil.

G-RockMurray

Monkey
Jun 27, 2007
whos got a hot sister?????? lol and i feel your pain as i am in 200 pound + club (ok 225) but i not only worry about me blowin apart but the bike as well

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
I haven't had a problem with the 5.0 air yet, I too weigh in at 190 lbs and run 170 psi in the main spring on a Marin Quake. I have done all the drops at diablo and have not bottomed it there. BUT you can bottom the thing out with a 4 ft to flat drop if not landed right. I have had no issues with it yet and my cousin abuses a 5.0 air on a Kona Coil Air with no issues.

jbogner

Monkey
May 8, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
2007 specialized enduro pro... how do you think a fox dhx 5.0 air shock will hold up to the rigors of diablo?
Gumby was riding an Enduro with DHX air for half of last season, before trading up to an SX trail. I've watched him launch the big drops on it to no ill effect. I'm sure you'll be fine for the occasional Diablo trip. No reason to change your equipment if you're only DH'ing a couple times each summer...

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
should i expect this shock to blow into a million pieces...
I think the longevity of the shock will have a good part to do with how smooth you are... If you casing (bottoming) all of the time, I could see an air going before a coil... but then again any shock will blow out eventually.

That being said... I went with a DHX 5.0 coil. :happydance: