Quantcast

Question for Diablo Veterans...

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
So is it typically more or less crowded on a 4th of July weekend than a regular weekend? Is there a lot more human traffic at the waterpark? I want to ride Friday but if i'm going to be parking across the street from ridetopia then that's going to be sort of a deterrent.

Ah who am I kidding, I'm definitely coming, I just want to try and prepare myself for the long-ass walk from the far end of the parking lot to the gondola if necessary...

JerZ_r1der

Chimp
May 10, 2008
Vernon, NJ
There is going to be an IMMENSE amount of human traffic at the waterpark this Friday...

4th of July is the busiest day of the season for them.

Your best bet is to get there early so you can get either a spot in the paid parking, or in the upper lots. And when I say early I mean like between 9:30 & 10:30.

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
WHen I was there in MAy we parked right at the bottom by the lifts. Does this change for the summer? Do they charge now? and how close is the "other" parking? over the bridge? is that the spot?
The "bro parking" lot, located on the park side between the Appalachian Hotel and the Inflate-a-Village, is only free during the Mt. Creek off-season. As soon as the water park opens, this becomes some kind of "elite" lot and costs either $20 or $30 to park for the day.

Those arriving early can park up against the fence along Rt. 94, and in the paved area by the Admin village on the opposite side of the highway from the park. This parking, as far as I know, is also free.

Arriving a litle later will put you in the 'corral', which is the unpaved lot slightly further back from the paved lot. Random wood and rope barriers make for an exciting and dusty parking experience, considering most drivers have no concept of how to park in an orderly fashion when not provided with painted lines.

If you show up later still, you are destined for THE PIT. As you turn to enter the corral, you will see a steep ass hill with a gravel lot at the bottom. If you are forced to park down here, do what you can to bring everything you may need up to the Diablo hut, as stop-offs at the car between runs is basically out of the question.

FastBandit

Chimp
Jul 4, 2007
Northern, NJ
If you show up later still, you are destined for THE PIT. As you turn to enter the corral, you will see a steep ass hill with a gravel lot at the bottom. If you are forced to park down here, do what you can to bring everything you may need up to the Diablo hut, as stop-offs at the car between runs is basically out of the question.
Yeah, the Blackcomb lot really sucks.

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Yea, you have to yell at other people (water-parkers) for slamming their door into your car, and they get an awesome confused look on their face cuz they don't speak english. So then you rip away and park even further from diablo.

.. but yea, get there early.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
well i have seem to have circumvented the perfunctory of traveling toward "the jungle." when they direct toward the bottom you go down the hill and turn left into the farther left parking lot not quite all the way down the hill. then you look left again and you will see the snow tube hill. to the left of it is a little street thing going up to the top lot. the people in the blue shirts wont even see. or you could fourwheel right over them. the water slide monkeys wont even know what hit em

crazy Jim

Chimp
Jan 5, 2008
lifts open at nine Am on weekends, at least on July fifth they did. I was the first rider up that day :)