Quantcast

question for those married monkey's

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
ok... as u prolly know... cooter and i are getting married on oct 31st at the red bull rampage in UT... we have found a minister, who isnt a mormon, to perform the ceremony and he said that he doesnt have a fee but just leaves that up to the couple and requests some sort of "love offering"...

he is gonna have to travel 45 min from his home to do this ceremony and will be doing so on a sunday after his regular services at his church... I'm just curious what others had paid or donated to ministers for their weddings and what seemed fair... i would like to also compensate him for his gas since he is traveling quite a distance for 2 complete strangers...

any ideas???

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Hard to say. We had her grandfather's pastor at our ceremony. We gave him $100 cash, but we also invited his family to the reception (open bar and plenty of really nce food). :oink:

Oh, and the money wasn't for him... it's for "his church". :rolleyes:

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Sounds to me like the wedding is just getting too complicated, and your best bet would be to call the thing off while you still can. That will save you time and money, both now and next year when the charm wears off.

TULSATUMBLERSGF

GRASSHOPPER
Jan 22, 2004
Tulsa, OK
ghostrider said:
Sounds to me like the wedding is just getting too complicated, and your best bet would be to call the thing off while you still can. That will save you time and money, both now and next year when the charm wears off.
well the charm prolly wore off the first week when cooter showed up at rehab with his overalls on with a pearl snap shirt with the sleeves cut off and his converse all stars on! he he... :heart: :D

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
well the charm prolly wore off the first week when cooter showed up at rehab with his overalls on with a pearl snap shirt with the sleeves cut off and his converse all stars on! he he... :heart: :D
Well then, give him a crisp $100 bill and live happily ever after. Everybody likes a hundred dollar bill.

bikebabe

Monkey
Jul 31, 2002
Maryland
My husband's mentor and his wife married us---both are ministers. We knew them well, they didn't want a fee and we took them out to lunch several times as we went over the ceremony and afterwards. And then we "faked" that that was it...thanks so much...etc, etc. Well a week or two later, they went on vacation to the same B&B where we went for our "honeymoon" and discovered as they were checking out that we had paid for their room.

For someone you don't know, $100-$200, depending on how much time he's investing and how much you like him.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
75 bucks at mine but she (the justice of the peace) also had all you can eat food and beverage...plus the pleasure of my company;)

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Hmmm...

It just seems such a waste. Ask if he'll dress up like Elvis, than I guess Id pay him...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
<snip>.. we have found a minister, who isnt a mormon, to perform the ceremony and he said that he doesnt have a fee but just leaves that up to the couple and requests some sort of "love offering"...
Riiiiiiiiiight. You're going to southern Utah and you found a minister who's NOT a mormon..... *sure* he isn't. Oh, and he wants a "love offering".........

You guys might want to be *real* careful to make sure you don't end up in a white slavery ring.......

-S.S.-

Tom Church

Monkey
Jan 25, 2004
Beacon, NY
The Catholic church that we got married at last year reqired a $500 "donation"...good thing her dad paid it...

they where the only catholic church that would marry us as I am not babtized.

Tom

T-Blazer

Monkey
Jun 8, 2004
rochester,ny
got married by the town judge . he told us what ever was comfortable with us , so we gave him 150 bucks . he did a great job , and it took about a hour of his time . congrats

Clark Kent

Monkey
Oct 1, 2001
Mpls
TULSATUMBLERSGF said:
i would like to also compensate him for his gas since he is traveling quite a distance for 2 complete strangers...

any ideas???

Does the shepard look at sheep not met as strangers? I think not. Let him bask in the glow of joining two who love each other, and buy him one of those lil blow up kids.....

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Tom Church said:
The Catholic church that we got married at last year reqired a $500 "donation"...good thing her dad paid it...

they where the only catholic church that would marry us as I am not babtized.

Tom
Yeah... we looked at a Church - they wanted about a $1200 "tithing". They didn't even ask about our denomination or care if we attended any classes... :confused:

Dante has a level reserved for them... :evil: