Quantcast

Questiona about Norway, Switzerland, and Germany

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
Ok first off does anyone live in Norway? If so, I want to go there sometime in the near futur. Supposedly one of the richest guys in norway is related to me through my grandparents who moved to Canada a long time ago and lost touch with most of their familly in Norway. Anyhow, when is a good time to go, good places to go and I hear it's crazy expensive there? how is it compaired price wise to say switzerland?

2nd One of my dreams is to one day live in either germany or better yet switzerland. If I was to live in Switzerland, how would I go about doing it?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Youd have to A. marry a hot swiss girl (there are lots of them) or be be born in the country, wich ur a little too late for. But you can get a visa unitl you mary someone.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
That could work but she needs to be rich, so than I could just ride.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Dude, im telling ya, if you can there do it, spend a year or two there, its beautiful. i was there in the spring, went throught the french speaking part and up to Zermot! Totally awesome, no cars, coblle stone streets and CHOICE skiing, and i imagine the riding isnt to shabby either. Says your from canada, so if you can speak french, go, just speak it with a very Sing Songy accent and your good.

EDIT: its proabably easier to get into switzerland b/c of the Eu, but i havent been there since before the EU was started and it was a walled in country. maybe you just have to get a european union visa and your set. :thumb:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
mack said:
EDIT: its proabably easier to get into switzerland b/c of the Eu, but i havent been there since before the EU was started and it was a walled in country. maybe you just have to get a european union visa and your set. :thumb:
As far as I know Switzerland isn't a member of the EU....that whole neutrality thing they have there. ;)

NastySid

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
Sweden
Norway is crazy expensive.. THe norweigans flock to us swedes to buy **** :)

Hordes of norweigan lemmings ride cars and busses to buy meat, liqour and stuff :)

If you got Us $ you probablu won't feel it as bad tho.. Dunno about the exchange on Cad..

If you're a downhiller and you bring your bike you'd probably be happy as norway is made from a massive amount of hills =)

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
valve bouncer said:
As far as I know Switzerland isn't a member of the EU....that whole neutrality thing they have there. ;)
Yep they won;t join the EU for neutrality but they except the euro currency.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
mack said:
Dude, im telling ya, if you can there do it, spend a year or two there, its beautiful. i was there in the spring, went throught the french speaking part and up to Zermot! Totally awesome, no cars, coblle stone streets and CHOICE skiing, and i imagine the riding isnt to shabby either. Says your from canada, so if you can speak french, go, just speak it with a very Sing Songy accent and your good.

I was there in the spring also, sadly only for 2 days lol. Part of the school euro trip but it was my favorite country by far. They speak german there to, don;t they?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
JMAC said:
Yep they won;t join the EU for neutrality but they except the euro currency.
they still use swiss francs. they are not on the euro. i think the last 5 countries i visited in europe (switz, cz rep, sweden, denmark, england) weren't on the damn euro. :mad:

it's easy to visit there but hard to live and work there. if you are not a swiss citizen, you cannot buy land or a house, iirc.

i thought that stockholm was pricey, so maybe i'm glad we didn't make to bergen like we talked about.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
narlus said:
they still use swiss francs. they are not on the euro. i think the last 5 countries i visited in europe (switz, cz rep, sweden, denmark, england) weren't on the damn euro. :mad:

it's easy to visit there but hard to live and work there. if you are not a swiss citizen, you cannot buy land or a house, iirc.

i thought that stockholm was pricey, so maybe i'm glad we didn't make to bergen like we talked about.

They use the swizz franc but they except the Euro and they do the exchange at any store. So basically they have to currencies the euro just isn;t official.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
So in other words i;m limited to the USA or Canada unless I marry someone from the other country?

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
No my friend , the EU is quite open for newcomers,

France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece...etc.

On the other hand i would love to make the move to BC from Europe.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
math2014 said:
No my friend , the EU is quite open for newcomers,

France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Greece...etc.

On the other hand i would love to make the move to BC from Europe.
Yes BC is amazing I;m hoping to go to university at UBC one day. Than if after school I no longer like it, I would than want to move to the EU