Quantcast

Questions about Central Park.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Hello, im the VP of the newly assembled Clemson Freeride Club. We are organizing a trip over our fall break to the Central Park Trails outside atlanta. I was wondering if anyone knows of any rules/regulations we should be aware of, or any potential closings on Sunday the 5th or Monday the 6th(our two potential dates). Also, i invite any fellow Monkeys to come out and ride with us, Im pretty sure that no one in the club has been there so it will be a new experience for all of us.

Thanks, and Ride on!

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
There will be 4 of us coming down on Monday, we are leaving clemson at 10am and hoping to be there by noon at the latest. My Imperial wont be built, but ill be riding either my friends sluggo or V10, should be a good time.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Cool have fun.
Everything should be good to go although the lips may be a bit worn down, we're gonna fix up the lips add some skinnys and a new drop next weekend.

If you get this in time you'll want to bring the Sluggo as the v10 will be overkill for 99% of it.

take some pics and post 'em!

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
oh man the v10 was def overkill but its all we had. You can launch the hell out of the middle line with it too. Pretty nice place you guys created down there, I wish the wallride and teeter were open but I stiil had a good time.

Whats with all the poles to the left of the wooden line?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
oh man the v10 was def overkill but its all we had. You can launch the hell out of the middle line with it too. Pretty nice place you guys created down there, I wish the wallride and teeter were open but I stiil had a good time.

Whats with all the poles to the left of the wooden line?
Cool Glad you had fun out there.

Yeah the teeter is cracked and getting fixed this weekend.

Not sure what the status is of the wall-ride it was just built and may need some tweeking.

The Poles are gonna be for 2 ladder drops 8ft and 12ft.. We need to truck a little bit more dirt in the area for the landers.

We also have a meeting this month with Parks N Rec. to try to get a real DS course built on that back hill where they are doing some construction.

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA
yeah we were eying at that it looks like its gonna be a great place for a DS. will it continue down through that valley where the giant logs are?

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Not really sure as of yet.

We are meeting on the 16th with the parks n rec and the contractor that's expanding the counties water facility.
Once we find out what land they will let us continue to use it's all systems go.

The contractor also mention he's got about 20,000 cubic yards of dirt hes got to move somewhere. :lighten:
I bet we'll find a use for it.

we'll see how it goes and see if the XC guys would mind working with us and laying out the XC re-routes around a nice little DS area.

Chuck you reading any of this????
Got a Dingo and a New Holland waiting for ya courtesy of Forsyth County.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
i'm hoping both!
We'll see though.

meet with Forsyth on the 16th and then Chicopee people on the 18th. i want to make it down for the race but I gotta go to this meeting.

Metal Dude

Turbo Monkey
Apr 7, 2006
Smackdonough, GA
ah thats a fligin flog! what time do you meet the 18th?
qualifying starts at 1pm. Maybe you can still make it out.
Let me know how it goes, Good Luck!

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
ah thats a fligin flog! what time do you meet the 18th?
qualifying starts at 1pm. Maybe you can still make it out.
Let me know how it goes, Good Luck!
1 down and 1 to go :biggrin:

i'll shoot you an e-mail with some details

skerb

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Clemson,SC
any word or details on any new stuff at central park...talkin about going down there with some guys for an afternoon.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
the county has the register to ride thing going on, i haven't been up there so i don't know if they are enforcing it yet.
Register to Ride Info click here.

Other than that, theres a new step up built. the top line is slowly changing.

Also by next Sat. we are hoping to break ground on the new 4x track going in on the back hill. Still waiting to see if the Bobcat will be available.

fatbaldguy

Chimp
Jan 22, 2007
keep us posted on the 4x track. i used to race motocross and need a fix. i also know how to handle a shovel pretty well too,if you can give enough advanced notice on when you guys will be building.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
We are going up next weekend is there anyway to register on the weekend? If I mail it I doubt it will be back in time.
unfortunately the office isn't open on weekends.
i'm sure the rangers understand if you go ahead and mail it in. i have been busy working on another trail system so i havent been up there is a long time so i'm not 100% sure they are strictly enforcing it at this point. Maybe someone else can chip in here????

there's a small mob of us heading up there this sunday.

Also FYI, there is a women's freeride skillz clinic being taught by Sorella cycling on Sat. the 31st. 10am-3pm.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
keep us posted on the 4x track. i used to race motocross and need a fix. i also know how to handle a shovel pretty well too,if you can give enough advanced notice on when you guys will be building.
Yeah, MetalDude has it all flagged out and ready to go.
If weather / bobcat works out we should break ground on it the 31st.
We are still a month or so away from shovel work but will let you guys know. Check out Ridesofa.org Usually stuff is posted there. I don't check this site that much anymore.