Quantcast

Questions about Iron horse Sunday

Waddic

Chimp
Jun 17, 2006
Hi,

i just brought my self a 2006 Iron Horse sunday and im loving it.

Ive got a few questions about them that some of you might be able to answer.

I have had bad experience with E-13's and it has shown on the new bike already dropping chains on a handfull of rides. Can you put a different cahin guide on a Iron Horse Sunday?

I heard about something being posted on here before about the spring rates for riders? I did a search for Iron Horse under the search bar and i couldnt find anything so if someone has the link that would be good.

Warwick :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I bet the designer of the Sunday doesn't know sh*t about E-13 chainguides, and that's why there is an incompatiblity problem...

-Steve-

Chimp
Mar 3, 2005
Hungary [EU]
He meant irony, because Dave Weagle is the mastermind behind the sunday (and every other dw-link bike) and e.13 components.
So maybe the two product will fit together without problems.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
the only way to explain the e13 not performing up to standard (assuming there is no damage to the guide) is incorrect setup of the guide

what do you want to know specifically about spring rates?
what rate to use for weight of rider?

dhrace

Chimp
Mar 17, 2005
how do I set up my new dhx if you weigh 160 lbs .what pressure should I run and what to setting to start with ie propedal,bottomout,rebound, etc. thanks for the help

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Whenever I hear someone complaining about their e13 dropping a chain at a race (which is rare) I ask to have a look at the bike. EVERY SINGLE TIME it's because they have it setup wrong and usually it's because there is a big gap between the supercharger and the top guide/wear plate.

Daver

Monkey
Jun 1, 2005
Shiddeny
How many spacers are you running between the back plate of the guide and the ISCG mounts? I run 2 on mine and i've never ever derailled. That said, i did have issues with my E13 in the past, although it turned out to be a bent bb spindle rather than a faulty guide.

RaID

Turbo Monkey
dhrace said:
how do I set up my new dhx if you weigh 160 lbs .what pressure should I run and what to setting to start with ie propedal,bottomout,rebound, etc. thanks for the help

run the stock #300lb spring
try low pressure so 75-100psi
leave the bottom out wide open

propedal and rebound to how you like youre ride to feel?

play around with the settings a see how they affect the ride

do you want a race setup or freeride or couch mode?