Quantcast

quick flat fix?

c-mellen

Chimp
Jan 25, 2007
has anybody tried to fix a flat with super glue....like putting some super glue on the lil hole.....i was planning on doin it for a quick lil fix but i was gunna put super glue on the hole them wrap a lil duct tape around.....has anybody done this...do you think it will work....this is also for a bmx bike just to ride no serious stuff just a few bunny hops and stuff

zebrahum

Monkey
Jun 22, 2005
SL,UT
Oh holy crap. Tubes are $5.

Super glue will almost certainly eat into the rubber and make a worse hole.

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
jeezus. how much is a patch kit these days? do you need to show ID or something that makes it extra hard to get one?

miatagal96

Chimp
Feb 7, 2007
Glueless patches. I have some but haven't had to use them yet. I am told I should put on a real patch or replace the tube when I get home.

My boyfriend used a knot in the tube in a pinch (believe it or not, his spare tube was a used one with a hole and mine was a new one with a hole and his patch kit was all out of patches). The knot got him out of the woods!!

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
Dude super glue and duct tape don't stretch. Ever put super glue on a skin wound? Climbers do it all the time. You put it on too thick and it peels off the first time it flexes at all.

c-mellen

Chimp
Jan 25, 2007
geez i was just wondering for a quick fix...sorry i cant drive yet so i couldnt get to the shop and wanted to ride

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver
start pulling grass out of the ground and leaves from trees and bushes. then pack them into the tire to fill it out. the harder you pack it with grass an leaves, the more solid your tire will feel.