Quantcast

Quickly! LG1 for a 7point?

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
ok - just pulled the trigger on a '07 7point.

An E13 LG1 (ISCG '05) will fit straight on?

What is the Head tube length?

Thanks

(did search, but couldn't find out for sure)

Erci

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
NJ
Don't have the head tube length handy (bike's at home, I'm at work), but fitting LG1 may be an issue. 7point requires E13 wide plate (because of dropped chainstays).
Regular SRS definitely will not set up right on that bike, but LG1 is different.. I don't know how far it can be rotated back before it starts pushing on the top of the chain, as suspension compresses.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
I run an STS on my 7point ('05 without ISCG tabs)without any major problems. The only thing to watch for is the lower portion of the boomerang being puched up into the chainstay on some impacts. This should be less of a problem with chainguide tabs, though. I'd imagine the LG-1 would work.

The headtube for a Medium is about 4.5".

toby

dw

Wiffle Ball ninja
Sep 10, 2001
MV
A stock ISCG05 LG1 will work perfect on the 7POINT. You can use the wide angle backplate but its not totally necessary. The 7POINT chainstay yoke is offset so even though the stays are dropped, the backplate can sit next to the CS yoke where it matters. Head tube is 115mm long as I remember. Too busy to check the prints right now. actually I'm just here because I'm waiting on an FEA case to process... should be done right about now. ceeya.

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
damn these things are hard to get hold of downunder.

Anyone workat a friendly bike shop in the US that can mail one?

(go-ride want a US$200 minimum order to ship o/s...)

Whoops

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
New Zealand
update

bought and fitted. lower guide touches slightly on CS just before top guide is TDC - easy enough to fix if it becomes an issue.

nice design. painless to assemble - first go, no trouble.