Quantcast

Quiet mornings...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Love the new commute.

1st of just a few streets I need to cross.

Relatively deserted downtown.

Coffee stop, if required. I usually have enough coffee in me to kill an elephant at this point though. So I get more.

Pass the theater, last big street to cross for awhile.

This city rocks. Case in point.

Little bit of pavement, little bit of trees, not a car in sight.

I used to have to commute on Hwy 101, now I just roll under it.

Grape vines are everywhere in this part of the world.

Weird redwood/stone Thor's hammer sculpture thingy.

Thataway!

Still not a car in sight.

Over the lonely bridge.

Still no cars? Works for me.

Pic doesn't show it, but dude up ahead had Mexican and America flags hanging off his trike. Sweet.

Pretty much straight like this for several miles.

50% of my ride is no hands.

Watching the sides. Occasionally there's some shady characters. Hopefully no angry Latinas with coffee. I wouldn't want to have to knife anyone. :D

Quick left off the path and I'm only a couple blocks from work. Occasionally there are a couple mean-ass pit bulls in the yard of the house on the corner with the kiddie pools . The fence is maybe 4' high. I wonder if they can jump it? I wonder exactly how fast I can sprint on my bike? Hmm...

One little stretch and I'm there. Average commute time: 22 minutes at a leisurely single speed pace.

:monkeydance:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
wow now thats a great commute.

my commute sdtarts in the dark and rides through a few blocks of bars, then a very industrial area, then a few blocks with some XXX Dvd stores then a meth clinic (which luckily isnt open in the morning) and then work

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
wow now thats a great commute.

my commute sdtarts in the dark and rides through a few blocks of bars, then a very industrial area, then a few blocks with some XXX Dvd stores then a meth clinic (which luckily isnt open in the morning) and then work
that's gotta be an interesting ride back though.

presslab

Chimp
Jan 16, 2007
That new park at the creek trailhead is pretty cool. The work they have done on the path in the last couple years has been great. Unfortunately whenever I ride that trail on my nice bike I feel like I should be packing heat or something, I guess I'm just a pu$$y... :shocked:

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
That new park at the creek trailhead is pretty cool. The work they have done on the path in the last couple years has been great. Unfortunately whenever I ride that trail on my nice bike I feel like I should be packing heat or something, I guess I'm just a pu$$y... :shocked:
From the Shamrock cement yard to the crossing of say, Stony Point road, there are the occasional gathering of bike hobos and meth heads.

For the most part they're harmless though.

It's a mellow ride, but I'm always ready to pound my chainwheel into someone's head.

:D

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
still communting on the Chameleon?

Gets yourself a 29er will ya! ;)
This year so far has been financially brutal. My wife is only pulling in disability and we're up to our necks in medical bills. I just changed jobs though so I expect a raise and the new insurance will save us a ton o cash. (our co-payments from the old insurance were ri-goddamn-diculous)

Later though. Either 29er or this:

:banana:

rikbar

Chimp
May 23, 2008
great looking commute, wish mine was a little longer, only about 5 minutes worth of riding.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
That's a nice lookin bike!
They are even nicer in person. Really classy lookin.

The shop I used to work at started carrying them after I left.

:rant:

No more shop discount. I may be able to get somewhat of a deal though. Retail is under $1k.