Quantcast

Race Bike

MaxDamageDA

Monkey
Jan 20, 2006
Poland
Dragster is really cool baby, my friend owns one.

Those are yet not as much durable as older ones , bandit fr and dh was the best single pivots out here few years ago. Theyre keep going till today.

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
Trying to make inivations... must be european.
That rotor is off the hook!!!!!!!!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
mandown said:
do you think they look at US bikes and go :looney: ?

hmmm.
yeti's, iron horse sunday's. intense's. santa cruz's. specialized. etc...
i don't think so.

ever since i got my first mt. bike back in 1985. the euros have been been creating and trying to sell some of the ugliest and stupidest designs, trying to be trendsetters.
looks like they still haven't quite figured it out.

so they can look at us however they please.
the u.s. manufacturers have nothing to fear.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i agree.

somebody recently had a picture of an orange(color) orange posted here recently.

that was a good lookin bike.

Hailight

Chimp
Mar 5, 2006
:mumble: :redhot:

picking on us europeans again :rolleyes: :rofl:

trying to be trendsetters.
looks like they still haven't quite figured it out.
don't forget that a european invented the horst link

but I have to agree with you guys, look at the nicolai gearbox frames, I don't know but that's not pretty if you ask me...

BRM

Chimp
Apr 30, 2006
Ugly?? MAybe ..but well made and fast? LEts see a ride report and some real feedback. Both bikes seem to use no kind of modern geometry/linkage or shock technology. They are a simple single pivot.

Downhiller

Turbo Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
CROATIA....europe....CROATIA
Ancillotti canmake you custom bike just for you, you give him height, weight, how long are your arms, and legs and he will made unique bike...(hear that from dh friend - his friend in italy have custom bike from Ancillotti)i dont know is he still doing that..

ps. Ancillotti sold to specialized or some very quality and "famous" company system for rear shock...(i am not shure which brand)

RaID

Turbo Monkey
Spitfired said:
I think these Ancillotti frames partially redeem the Italians.
Downhiller said:
ps. Ancillotti sold to specialized or some very quality and "famous" company system for rear shock...(i am not shure which brand)

AFAIK that would be Giant

youll see quite a few similarities between the original Giant DH 2001-2006 giant dh comp an acillotti bike DH from 2000

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
i'm no framebuilder by any means. but that thing looks like a noodle. it doesn't look like it would last very long where we ride.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
dhbuilder said:
i'm no framebuilder by any means. but that thing looks like a noodle. it doesn't look like it would last very long where we ride.

Ancilotti's are really kickass. Nice plush pigs, kinda the workingmans last 4 seasons Commencal, Except Ancillotti has been building nearly that exact same bike since '97 or so.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
tomvan72 said:
For real, the rock will let a bike know who is boss.
take a real close look at my downtube and b.b.shell. or any other square inch of my bike. or any other "local bike".
only the strong survive.

tomvan72

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Asheville
dhbuilder said:
take a real close look at my downtube and b.b.shell. or any other square inch of my bike. or any other "local bike".
only the strong survive.
I'm sure. I had seen Profro's old dh9. He and windrock gave tht bike a beating. Now on his new bike, its going to be the same case. The trail will "test out" anybike. Gotta love it. All bikes should test there.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Im the UK importer of RaceBike.

checkout the build for my sons race bike.
These frames are handbuilt quality and are from the Czech Rep not Italy.

humprabbit

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
that is probably the comment i have heard most.
Its actually 9.5lbs with shock, which means it builds up really light.