Quantcast

Race/Comp at Country Park?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i think a fun race at CP would be a sweet pre-season get together. we could have a speed trial; one a time down to the bottom, a big air comp, freestyle comp.......all kinds of things just for fun. we could split it up in several groups to allow more people a better chance at winning. gag prizes or just schwag....just a fun, organized day at CP. anybody game?

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yes I think most of all of this can be seperated between big bikes and hardtails, other than that I'm game it be awesome to get that together. When around are we thinking like Mid-Late march>?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Yeah, I think Pauls could be talked into throwing a few in too.

How bout this:

Classes: Big Bike, DJbike(Expert and sport), beginner.
Events: Time trial:on the original line from the top to the bottom
DJ: Any line, judged from top to bottom
Best trick: On the lippy jump with the mellow landing

Something like $5 and event.

What do you guys think about a "30 footer" event too?

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
I'm not sure about the 30' challenge. It's nothing more than a big jump. It'd be cool to see something like a "innovation" or "progression" challenge where the winner would be the person who accomplished something they've never done before, ie: a new trick or someone hitting the 30' for the first time. It would be judged on about who acheived the most for their skill level.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
escapeartist said:
Yeah, I think Pauls could be talked into throwing a few in too.

How bout this:

Classes: Big Bike, DJbike(Expert and sport), beginner.
Events: Time trial:on the original line from the top to the bottom
DJ: Any line, judged from top to bottom
Best trick: On the lippy jump with the mellow landing

Something like $5 and event.

What do you guys think about a "30 footer" event too?

the 30 footer would have a by-rule for the contest that you had to recite one of the rules of "the zone" on the run-up. the longer, more difficult the rule the higher potential score.

also, this will be primarily sponsored/promoted by BHW so there will obviously be a prize for the best bar hump.

we should get w/ merritt's t-shirt guy and have some screen printed for the race. maybe $5 entry w/out a shirt, $15 if you want the shirt? we could have a silhouette of a sweet barhump .
"1st Annual BHW Jam"
then list sponsors etc.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
And I'm not sure about this, but having an entry fee might not be a good idea. Something tells me that that would mean that we would need permission from the park to do this. If it's just free/show up, then we could do it anytime. I'll ask.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
as Alex and I both have said, when??!?!? I say around end of March, I'm up for planning and helping out with any sort of needed for promotion (aka Photoshop flyers, telling local riders)

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
i can help with flyers here too
just give me the idea and i can run with it. i am good with photoshop as well. i can also talk to merritt about sponsoring it

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
motomike said:
I'm not sure about the 30' challenge. It's nothing more than a big jump. It'd be cool to see something like a "innovation" or "progression" challenge where the winner would be the person who accomplished something they've never done before, ie: a new trick or someone hitting the 30' for the first time. It would be judged on about who acheived the most for their skill level.

yeah...that would be perfect for the type of comp this should be. the winners shouldn't necessarily be the fastest/best jumpers but the best in class. my goal is that everyone walks away w/ something from this. an award for fastest run and also best dead sailor or something. i think this kind of atmosphere could draw a crowd.

we need to start a list of things we'll need, ie:
permission from park authority
PA system
sponsors
promotion

*also, this needs to be a 100% payout event, Team BHW won't keep any profits (if there are any ;) ) everything that is left after cost of putting it on will go back into the pot.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
motomike said:
And I'm not sure about this, but having an entry fee might not be a good idea. Something tells me that that would mean that we would need permission from the park to do this. If it's just free/show up, then we could do it anytime. I'll ask.

i think we could get away w/ an entry fee if shirts were included. if we keep it as a "group ride" setup we should be able to slide by w/out insurance too.

we need to find the line between promoted "race" and fun-day with prizes.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
sounds good to me, I can definetly deal with the audio set up as long as I can get the proper power hook ups. I have the Peavy PR 15 PA set up with a 500 watt amp which I can run announcing and music durring the runs.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
manimal said:
*also, this needs to be a 100% payout event, Team BHW won't keep any profits (if there are any ;) ) everything that is left after cost of putting it on will go back into the pot.
agreed, when i talked about entry fees, it was just to cover expenses. We could do a donations thing instead. Obviously though, there are gonna be some expenses.

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
yea I figure as much, I think it'd be good to do a main setup of annoncer and PA right around where the picnic table's are so it's more or less in the center of the action. Also Idk if it would be possible, but it might be nice to be able to get in one work day before the event so everything could be straightened out and get the jumps dialed in

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
I'm in!...both for the upcoming 3/4/06 work day & whenever the 1st Annual BHW Competition goes down!...

Sounds like it could be pretty cool...

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
This would be awesome. I think a free entry would be a better and "funner" way to attract more people, and have sponsors donate prizes, if any. What does everyone think about "Classes" of riders like Alex suggested? Or should we just break it up into Big Bike, HT, and BMX? Any way I can help organize please let me know.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
WKC said:
This would be awesome. I think a free entry would be a better and "funner" way to attract more people, and have sponsors donate prizes, if any. What does everyone think about "Classes" of riders like Alex suggested? Or should we just break it up into Big Bike, HT, and BMX? Any way I can help organize please let me know.

i think we should break it up by income levels first, then race and if feasible, gender.